Finding scamp parts - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2020, 02:31 PM   #1

Name: Dan
Trailer: Scamp
New York
Finding scamp parts

After a cross country trip that included hitting a major hail storm in Wyoming (over $15,000 in damage to truck alone) and then having Nevada desert winds cause my girlfriend to lose control (resulting in scamp on its side in the middle of the desert), I am in search of parts for my 96 16 ft scamp. Yes, we are still going out and believe it or not the scamp survived and is repairable. Looking for a list of places to get parts.Specifically escape hatch - hail tore through. Belly band a little bent and scraped. Will need to do a little fiberglass repair and some redo of the redo on the interior. All and all shocked at how the scamp survived the perils. Had a blast for over 8000 miles traveling across the U.S. Can't wait to rebuild and do it again (minus the hail and flip over )
rocknboler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 02:47 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Finding scamp parts

Wow! You've used up your quota of Scamping misfortunes!

Do check frame and axle condition/alignment from the roll-over. Inspect the coupler very closely.

Most parts are available from Scamp. Not all are shown on the website, but it's better to order by phone anyway for a cheaper bundled shipping rate.

Before you call Scamp, many bits and pieces may be available even cheaper from Amazon or other online sources. Beyond the shell, frame and upholstery, Scamp buys parts from common RV suppliers. Sometimes the trick is knowing exactly what a part is called to do the search. This forum is a great help with that sort of thing.

The escape hatch is an unusual size, so you might have to get it from Scamp. But since you're doing fiberglass work anyway, you could fill in the escape hatch opening down to the standard 14x14 and install a powered roof vent (Fantastic Fan or Maxxair). Something to consider if you have the rear slider, which provides alternate emergency egress.

Best wishes getting her all fixed up!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 02:48 PM   #3

Name: wayne
Trailer: scamp
Minnesota
I have a used escape hatch if you're interested.
wayneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 03:45 PM   #4

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
sorry to hear of your miss fortune. did you girlfriend know how to use the trailer brakes independently of the truck brakes that might have helped when things went wonky on her. best wishes on its res-erection.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:23 AM   #5

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp Deluxe 2007 and 40' Allegro Bus
Send a message via AIM to RSchleder Send a message via Yahoo to RSchleder
Good luck on being able to reach Scamp Parts. I've called at least 6 times during the past week and received the message "We are receiving a high call volume, Pls try your call again later".
So maybe a e-mail will work? NOT-- 2 e-mails a few days apart to tell them the exact part I needed to purchase and a request on how I could get this accomplished! Nothing!!!!! So good luck with the "Scamp approach".

Tags
scamp