Burro History - Please Help Document - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2018, 02:16 PM   #1

Name: Cory
Trailer: Burro
Tennessee
Burro History - Please Help Document

I have pretty much read every thread on Burro campers in this forum. There is limited information on the history of these campers.

As I am finishing up my restoration, I am thinking about putting together a little book or slideshow. I would like to include as much history about Burro as I can.

If you have any information, please make a post or comment. If it is fact, please let me know your source. Copies of documents or pictures would be great. If it is just a rumor, comment, or hearsay, that is fine also. I just don't want to repost something as fact, when it may not be.

I would love copies of original receipts, and things like that also. Brochures (other than what is posted here on this site), sales ads would be neat. Basically any literature or paper on Burro.

Whatever information I collect, I will try to summarize and post on this site.

In case it is easier for some to e-mail instead of posting to this site, my e-mail is scoboatn56@gmail.com

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Scoboatn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 02:23 PM   #2

Tennessee
Burro Web Site

I also forgot to mention... I would love to have access to the old web-site or even screen shots of the old site. I remember viewing it many years ago.

Anyone know of any way to access the information on the old site that is no longer working? Any potential contacts or leads would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:25 AM   #3

Name: Heather
Michigan
Facebook

You may want to consider joining the U-haul Camper Group on Facebook ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/UHau...7HZdCa0qeJ206g ) There is a TON of info on there including someone who has a complete manual of how to assemble a kit burro and lots of older info. If you join the group we are all pretty helpful the U-haul and Burro are fiberglass 'cousins' and tons of us in that group have burros (I have an 83). Hope to see you over there.
heaheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 05:30 AM   #4

Tennessee
Thanks

Thank you so much. You made my day. I was so happy to find screen shots of the old web-site. Never would have thought to look on the U-Haul Facebook site. Thanks again.

To users here, I will download the files I found to this site also.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:55 AM   #5

Name: Daniel
Trailer: Sold it
Northern VA
I'm interested in getting a Burro or Uhaul camper. I'm not on Facebook but interested in seeing what you come up with.
Dan-NS27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 06:24 AM   #6

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Here's an old magazine ad
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0385.jpg   IMG_0386.jpg  

mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 06:25 PM   #7

Tennessee
Burro Production Numbers

Anybody have any idea of the Burro production numbers? I cannot find any data on this. Thanks.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:03 PM   #8

Name: Christina
Nevada
Burro Manual and Order Form

Funny you should ask about this. I just picked up a 1982 Burro and it came with the owners manual, the faucet installation guide and an order form. I'm not sure if this is anything you need, but I thought it was fun.

A few images are here, but I put the rest on my website. Sorry for the discoloration. The pages had some water damage.

http://felinedesigninc.com/burro
Attached Thumbnails
burro-orig_Page_1.jpg   burro-orig2_Page_4.jpg  

viajera80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 12:56 PM   #9

Name: Kyle
Trailer: Burro 13'
MN
Found this is a thread from 2006: http://http://www.fiberglassrv.com/f...any-24877.html

The original Burro molds are in a small town in northwest Iowa near Sac City. I was seriously investigating resurrecting Burro until a couple of months ago.

The Burro story, as I've been able to figure it out is roughly as follows...

In the early '70s someone in St. Cloud MN manufactured a trailer called the "Cloud". The Cloud looked very much like the Burro. In the late '70s the first Burros were produced in Plymouth MN, less than a hundred miles from St. Cloud. Interestingly, the Burro was double-wall construction while the Cloud was apparently single walled. Burro was manufactured in Plymouth MN until the early 80s. Burro re-appeared in Sac City IA and began production in the mid 80s and had a production run until about 1990. Sac City saw the introduction of the 17' wide body along with the 13' standard Burros. Apparently the business was poorly managed and investors seized the molds and production equipment. Burro resurfaced in Escondido CA with new molds that were fabricated in Mexico in 1998 or thereabouts.

Again because of a variety of factors, Burro went out of business. According to the San Diego County District Attorney's Office, the owners ran into significant legal difficulties and seem to have disappeared, along with the molds and equipment.
littleburro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 06:04 PM   #10

Tennessee
Burro Folding Camper

Anybody know anything about these? Same Burro?
Attached Thumbnails
Capturqqqqqqqqqqqqqqe.JPG  
Old 09-06-2018, 08:44 PM   #11
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Burro and a Casita

I always got a kick out of this pic of a Burro and Casita.
Attached Thumbnails
FGRV025burroCasita.jpg  
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 01:33 PM   #12

Name: Jan
Missouri
I have a ‘78 Burro I just bought and I’m trying to fix it up a bit. I am interested in anything you can find that might help me understand the how to’s. Wish I was able to do s total rehab but that’s not in my ability or budget.
Jakapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:50 PM   #13

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
Here's what my 1981 Burro looked like back in 2005, I think, when I first laid eyes on it, in a Massachusetts backyard. It was a kit built. Poor thing had long been forgotten and left to rot away until the original owners' survivors put it up for sale on eBay. It was a joy to restore.
Attached Thumbnails
Burro81.1.jpg  
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:17 AM   #14

Name: Jan
Missouri
Here’s mine-it’s really cute! The door has serious issues and the vent/fan is a concern that I think I have a solution for. Mostly it’s in good shape but old.
Attached Thumbnails
C4AD536A-0F6E-4CB4-9492-2A96F2D4FB0B.jpg   A323C687-ED45-4B8E-8B6D-8648890CA8E6.jpg  

44B321B3-DC9F-465E-834D-56D83159A52B.jpg  
Jakapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:52 PM   #15

Tennessee
Burro Brochure

Anyone have a complete copy of this Brochure? The one I have is missing a page and was not scanned. Someone just took pictures of the pages. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Burro Brochure - 1.jpg  

Tags
burro