Burro is safely home! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-13-2019, 08:23 AM   #1

Name: Luciano
Trailer: Burro
Nebraska
Burro is safely home!

Hello my name is Luciano and I live in Lincoln, Ne.
I found my Burro in Oxford, Ne. I brought him home in between two really bad snow storms. Everything was cover with snow and ice but I got him safely up the driveway. We are looking forward to better weather. In the meantime I am redoing 110v wiring and adding a 12v/battery/maybe solar system too.
Our burro is in pretty good shape for his age.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image (2).jpg
Views:	29
Size:	402.8 KB
ID:	128292
Superchango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 08:33 AM   #2

Name: Daniel
Trailer: Sold it
Northern VA
Welcome Luciano. Look forward to seeing what you do. I'm also a burro owner, just have a lot of work to do before it's ready to use. How's the floor, frame, and axle?
Old 03-13-2019, 08:58 AM   #3

Nebraska
Everything looks pretty good and overall my Burro is in very good shape. It seems that it was stored inside and was not used much at all. The PO only used it to come to lincoln for the Nebraska Huskers games.
I guess that I am fortunate, the floor and the frame are in like-new condition.

A few thing:
There is a gap in the bottom part of the door.
Needs the pedestal for the bigger table.
The windows have been sealed with a great variety of different sealants and you can see many "finger-doodles" (but their are watertight.
The freshwater tank is gone.
Plus some little details here and there.
All cushions are gone but it came with a nice and new foam mattress.
One question: Why my burro doesn't have the center seam? You can tell that is has been fiberglassed, but is this factory? or some PO did it. I can post some pictures.
Also, It doesn't have a roof vent. If a install one, should I cut leaning to one side or should I installed in the middle?

I will take some pictures later today.
Superchango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:45 AM   #4

Northern VA
From what I've seen, it's usually an owner who removes the seam. I think I saw a post once of someone having a 17'er without the seam that was factory done. What year is your camper?

If there's no mount for the table but there's a mattress, then probably set up as a bed full time and big table not used.

Roof vent on mine is off to the side to avoid the seam. If done right, it could probably be centered. Maybe strengthen it with a frame fiberglassed to the shell before installing. I know there's posts here of someone doing that before.

Sounds like you got a lightly used camper. Nice find.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:27 AM   #5

Nebraska
Hello Dan, Sorry, my burro is a 1982 13' (now is added it to my signature)
Old 03-13-2019, 10:39 AM   #6

Northern VA
I really like the look without the seam. I saw a thread here where the seam was removed and been thinking to do that too. Trying to find someone to weld up a new frame for mine.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:41 AM   #7

Northern VA
Look at post 10 and 14 of this thread to see what I was talking about with a frame fiberglassed to the roof for the vent.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...edo-75519.html
Old 03-13-2019, 10:43 AM   #8

Northern VA
And this thread has a good renovation where they removed the seam. This is where I first thought to do it myself.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ver-49157.html
Old 03-16-2019, 06:32 PM   #9

Northern VA
Superchango,

I got to my camper today and took a picture of the roof vent. The dark line in the middle is the seam, so you can see how it is off set.

Huh, looks like the picture ended up sideways.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190316_151559.jpg  
Dan-NS27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 08:57 PM   #10

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchango View Post
Also, It doesn't have a roof vent. If a install one, should I cut leaning to one side or should I installed in the middle?
I would certainly install it to the side of the seam. A front or back location is far more critical for air flow comfort than being a few inches off center.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:01 PM   #11

Name: Bryan
Trailer: 1980 13' Burro
Ontario
Congrats Superchango! I think that I almost bought that same one but I had to come down from Ontario Canada and it became too hard for him. Found it on Facebook. If I recall, it had no cushions but the wood covers for the seat compartments were pretty nice and well fitted. Sound familiar?

Anyway, I'm now sitting in MY new Burro in Florida. Heading home in a couple of days.

I'll be watching this post as I have a ton of questions that I don't know to ask just yet. I did order an Olympian Wave 6 heater today as the prices are much better in the US and I will inevitably be doing some winter boondocking. Did a lot of research and they seem stellar. My Burro had no heater in it.

Also looking into solar options. The wiring was pretty bad in mine. Although everything works, I'll likely rewire it entirely.

I have no water storage tank either so I'm thinking that I'll move the electrical in there and have the heater under the sink like they often have in Bolers.

Anyway, good luck and congratulations!
Bryan C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:30 PM   #12

Nebraska
Wow! you drove all the way from Ontario to Florida?

I am glad that you finally found your own Burro. I am pretty happy with mine.

I still need to take some pictures, but finally the weather is helping with the project.

I turned on my factory propane heater and it did trigger the smoke/Carbon monoxide alarm every time. Maybe it needs to run for a while to burn stuff off. Nevertheless, I don't like that it is located next to the bed.

Do you have some pictures of your Burro?
Old 03-17-2019, 08:30 PM   #13

Northern VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan C. View Post
Congrats Superchango! I think that I almost bought that same one but I had to come down from Ontario Canada and it became too hard for him. Found it on Facebook. If I recall, it had no cushions but the wood covers for the seat compartments were pretty nice and well fitted. Sound familiar?

Anyway, I'm now sitting in MY new Burro in Florida. Heading home in a couple of days.

I'll be watching this post as I have a ton of questions that I don't know to ask just yet. I did order an Olympian Wave 6 heater today as the prices are much better in the US and I will inevitably be doing some winter boondocking. Did a lot of research and they seem stellar. My Burro had no heater in it.

Also looking into solar options. The wiring was pretty bad in mine. Although everything works, I'll likely rewire it entirely.

I have no water storage tank either so I'm thinking that I'll move the electrical in there and have the heater under the sink like they often have in Bolers.

Anyway, good luck and congratulations!
Welcome Bryan. Congrats on finding your own Burro. Feel free to post a new thread with the work you do to yours. Nice seeing what others do. Good luck and have fun.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:54 PM   #14

Name: Bryan
Trailer: 1980 13' Burro
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchango View Post
Wow! you drove all the way from Ontario to Florida?
Haha! I guess I really wanted a Burro

As Dan-NS27 suggested, I'll start a new thread and get some pics up soon! And, again, congrats!
Bryan C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:11 AM   #15

Name: jay
Trailer: In the market"
New York
Welcome to the forum. Do you need a backup camera for your RV? Try this if you need one: https://www.haloview.com/
jay2333a is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro

« U-Haul | new member »