trillium belly band - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2018, 07:07 PM   #21

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...t-39296-2.html

There's a couple of pictures of it on the second page of this thread.. I'll take a photo of the box of the one's I still have and post it in a couple of days.. They are at the shop and I'm not able to get to them right now...
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 10:54 PM   #22

Name: stefan
Trailer: 76 Trillium 1300
Waterloo, Ontario
This ad looks like similar stuff. Looks like the price has gone up as it seems to be less readily available.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-1-4-x-32-...4AAMXQcVNQ9C6n

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

For what it's worth I fiber glassed mine in and painted the whole belly band blue and I love it but to each their own.

Stef
stefman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 04:01 PM   #23

Name: Sid
Trailer: Trillium 4500
Ontario
Thanks guys

Looks like I have a clear picture now. I will remove the band grind back, remove the steel plates and fill with short strand fibre glass, sand and re gel coat. If the repair looks ok I will leave it finished with the gel coat, if not I will add the cosmetic band that Stef gave me the link for. Putting in a lot of work on her but summer is fast approaching so looks like I will be busy for awhile. Thanks again for the info.
SidC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 05:36 PM   #24

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by SidC View Post
Looks like I have a clear picture now. I will remove the band grind back, remove the steel plates and fill with short strand fibre glass, sand and re gel coat. If the repair looks ok I will leave it finished with the gel coat, if not I will add the cosmetic band that Stef gave me the link for. Putting in a lot of work on her but summer is fast approaching so looks like I will be busy for awhile. Thanks again for the info.
What I have done is similar, but gel coat is not what I used, (where do you get that?) Instead, of gel coat, I used Bondo, then paint.

The end result looked better then original shell.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...cdn-76798.html
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:33 PM   #25

Ontario
Gel coat

I purchased the gel coat from a marine supply store. The brand is Rayplex and is tintable to match the original colour. I have used it for other repairs on the trillium and it blends in perfect. Thinned it 2% with Styrene and applied with small foam roller and sanded it back with 1000 grit paper.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:57 PM   #26

Name: David
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 1300
Cumberland, Indiana
Registry
Quote:
Hi I am a new member and looking forward to many years of camping with our vintage Trillium 4500. We purchased her in the fall and have found many more issues and bad repairs than I expected but that’s to be expected in a 38 year old trailer. I like the belly band repair that Randy did and am wondering if he could send me the link or contact info for the supplier of the stick on 2 inch wide moulding long enough to go around the trailer in one shot. Seeing as I have repaired and painted the windows this must be the source of another leak. Thanks
I have more than enough to go around a 1300. How many feet do you need to do a 4500? I'll sell cheap if I have enough. Let me know.

You can also look at this site. The prices are pretty salty.

https://www.customautotrim.com/body-...side-moldings/

Spanke
Old 04-09-2018, 07:24 PM   #27

Ontario
Hi Spanky. Which style do you have ?. I have done the fiberglassing and have just started to sand down the band ready for paint. May take awhile as a lot of rain is in the forecast. I may well be interested in the band I will measure how much I need and get back to you. Thanks sid
Old 04-10-2018, 04:37 PM   #28

Cumberland, Indiana
Registry
Quote:
Hi Spanky. Which style do you have ?. I have done the fiberglassing and have just started to sand down the band ready for paint. May take awhile as a lot of rain is in the forecast. I may well be interested in the band I will measure how much I need and get back to you. Thanks sid
sid,

Automotive style, self adhering vinyl trim.

2" Wide x 33'+ Long. Should be more than enough to do a 13' Trillium.

Click to enlarge picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080126.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	279.0 KB
ID:	117614

Let me know, no hurry.

Spanke
Old 04-10-2018, 04:41 PM   #29

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
unreal

You guys are the end I cant praise your skills enough!!

thanks

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 03:04 PM   #30

Ontario
Spanke....belly band trim.

Spanke....just measured and we will need 33feet 6inches to go around the trailer including the door.
Old 04-22-2018, 06:38 PM   #31

Cumberland, Indiana
Registry
Quote:
Spanke....just measured and we will need 33feet 6inches to go around the trailer including the door.
It's been a while since I measured it. I'm pretty sure it's over 33'. I'll remeasure and let you know!

Spanke
Old 04-24-2018, 04:17 PM   #32

Ontario
Thanks!

Perfect thanks Spanke!

Tags
trillium