two propane regulators in line? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2019, 03:15 PM   #21

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Good point, Jim, and you’re right about simmering. When I used a coffee percolator on the Coleman propane stove, I had to set it halfway off the burner on low to get a nice gentle perc. Since I graduated to pour-over, it doesn’t matter.

I stuck with Coleman because it’s what I already owned. It’s 30 years old and still works well. Most of the low pressure camp stoves I’ve seen are a lot bulkier than my trusty Coleman, but perhaps there are some nice compact units out there?
Jon,
You are correct about bulkiness. That is my biggest complaint about the Ranger II. Additionally, it is not as wind resistant as a Coleman type stove, IMO. On the rare occasion I use mine, I find it needs a separate wind barrier.
C&G in FL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 03:34 PM   #22

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe MacDonald View Post
I used this combination:
the one with green connector mounted at the tanks, the red one, I removed the mounting bracket and the tank connector and added a Male 1lb bottle fitting that I put on the end of my 50' hose.
this gives me all the length I need, no extra bottles, and I can run Coleman stove and Barbecue, at the same time. (or whatever low pressure LP appliance I want)
Sorry, I'm just trying to wrap my head around why anyone in their right mind would need a 50 foot long propane hose to go camping?
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 03:39 PM   #23

Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
Sorry, I'm just trying to wrap my head around why anyone in their right mind would need a 50 foot long propane hose to go camping?
50 feet of hose might be convenient when using a propane fire pit.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:37 AM   #24

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
50 foot was what I had, and in fact has been very convenient when group camping to set up a central kitchen area,
did I mention I like gadgets and convenience?
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 08:26 PM   #25

Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe MacDonald View Post
50 foot was what I had, and in fact has been very convenient when group camping to set up a central kitchen area,
did I mention I like gadgets and convenience?
It is much better and often more convenient to have more than you need than to no have enough!

Tags
propane, scamp