UHaul Interior Fiberglass Issue - Loose - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2020, 10:22 AM   #1

Name: Max
Trailer: Uhaul C13
Washington
UHaul Interior Fiberglass Issue - Loose

Hi all, my first post on the forums as I’ve just finally gotten my hands on a 1984 UHaul C13!
It’s in great shape all things considered, however one of the bigger issues is that the interior fiberglass liner is pulling off in the rear below the window (see picture). It appears the previous owner tried to just tape it down or something, but it’s in need of a more permanent fix. Any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
09E9E7BF-43A8-432A-9B0F-923E17907CF7.jpg   A2C3A813-1346-4A97-8A4B-FFC35C6EB23F.jpg  

Macswell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 04:36 AM   #2

Name: Gary
Trailer: UHaul CT13
Iowa
Max,
1st off, welcome to the U-Haul camper community! Most people who come to own one of the CT's or VT's really love them.
Is the outer skin really loose from the interior pieces, or does it simply look weird to you? I think they all came with that little strip of gray carpet covering the joint where the 2 halves of the trailer come together, and that's fallen away--leaving glue residue behind. Which admittedly looks odd.
IF that's all that's happened you can re-glue it in place over the joint, or glue some other trim over it.
[avoid silicone caulks/glues if you can--they're such a pain to clean up later, if you ever have to do other work in the same spot]
If the inner & outer layers really have come unglued from each other, and there's movement in the pieces around that joint, that's another whole deal of course.

Best wishes with your project, in any event.......
Gary
Old 10-11-2020, 05:46 AM   #3

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I agree with Gary. Probably nothing wrong there. We replaced the seam carpet there and on the ceiling. There is a space between the inner liner and outer shell in most areas. We sold our Uhaul last year.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
uhaul