Egg Camper Question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2010, 05:08 PM   #1

Trailer: Eggcamper 2009
We are newbie Egg Camper owners getting ready for our 1st trip. We hooked up the water supply from our house to the camper with very little water coming into the camper. The city water connection on the Egg has a plastic piece with a spring behind it. This seems to be obstructing the water flow into the camper. Is this a plug that needs to come out or is it a flow regulator? What do I need to do to get adequate water pressure? Also, any info on using the 2 gallon water heater would be helpful.

Thanks in advance
Dennis O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:13 PM   #2

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
Quote:
We are newbie Egg Camper owners getting ready for our 1st trip. We hooked up the water supply from our house to the camper with very little water coming into the camper. The city water connection on the Egg has a plastic piece with a spring behind it. This seems to be obstructing the water flow into the camper. Is this a plug that needs to come out or is it a flow regulator? What do I need to do to get adequate water pressure? Also, any info on using the 2 gallon water heater would be helpful.

Thanks in advance
It's an anti-backflow valve that also allows the onboard water pump to pressurize the system and pump water from your internal water tank when you are not connected to city water.

Orlen
Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 06:00 PM   #3

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Thumbs up

Quote:
We hooked up the water supply from our house to the camper with very little water coming into the camper. The city water connection on the Egg has a plastic piece with a spring behind it. This seems to be obstructing the water flow into the camper.
Like Orlen says, most "City Water" connections have an anti backflow valve built in. This is a one way valve that is supposed to allow water pressure to flow INTO the fitting when connected to a hose. It stops water pressure from flowing OUT OF the fitting when you are using the 12 volt pump to pull water out of the fresh tank, because the lines are shared.

Some "City Water" connections also have a pressure regulator built in. That way you don't have to add a separate one to the end of your hose when connecting to a faucet. Many hose bibbs put out over 100 pounds psi which will break a water line, usually at the pump connection. (Don't ask how I know this...)

I usually see these fittings leak when using the pump. I haven't heard of one restricting adequate flow to the faucets.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:40 PM   #4

Trailer: Eggcamper 2009
Quote:

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the help. Finally, after some persistence, the water problem is fixed. Most likely there was air in the water lines which took awhile to clear.

All is well. Spring break here we come!
Dennis O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:28 AM   #5

Trailer: 2007 Eggcamper
congradulations dennis,

As for the water heater, just make sure you have the water heater full of water (purge out all air) before you power it up. We wait about 20 minutes before showering, than turn power off when done. And when showering, you need to wet down, turn off water at hand held shower, soap up, than rinse off (note when turning water back on at hand held, you will get an initial shot of really hot water so be carefull).

Art
artspe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 06:35 AM   #6

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
The first time we tried to use hot water we forgot to plug in the heater, and then wondered why, after about a half hour, we didn't have any hot water....duh.
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:22 AM   #7

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
On my Scamp, I found if I open the taps to the kichen faucet just a tad when I hook up to the city water supply the lines charge quickly with less water hammer in the pipes. YMMV
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper