Anybody know the history of the Trillium Jubilee? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2008, 08:54 AM   #1

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Hi,

Does anyone know what the background of the Jubilee is? A lot of them are coming onto the used market right now and I was curious about their timeline.

I can see the natural evolution from the Trilliums 1300 to the Trillium 5500's but the Jubilee's seem a bit out of place in the Trillium line with their plywood cabinets and distinctive square shape and recessed door. Was Trillium trying to move into another market?

Cheers,
Booker
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:05 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Booker, unless someone answers up here you may wish to contact the folks at Trillium Travel Trailers forum, it's not a forum like this one, but a site with some info. The site is owned by the same folks who have Bolerama.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:24 AM   #3

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Booker, time at FiberglassRV.com is measured in Pre-hack and Post-hack. As I recall there was an excellent and informative thread on the Jubilee here at one time, but I did a search and it must have been Pre-hack as I am unable to find it now.

I hope that one of our members here still has that info and would be willing to share it again.

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 12:24 PM   #4

Part of why I am asking is I have been thinking of compiling a bit of a Trillium history document for the document center just outlining what years each size came in, the color options and feature options. All this information is on the web but is pretty spread out and takes some work to find it all. It would have been very useful for me when I was first scouting for trailers.

I know there is a history document for Boler's (including it's various offspring) out there but I haven't seen anything for the Trilliums, just the information provided on the site that Donna provided and it's pretty thin.

The forum has been slow this weekend with all the egg gazers at the Langley meet =)
Old 05-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
The forum has been slow this weekend with all the egg gazers at the Langley meet =)
A bunch at the Lake San Antonio Spring Rally too. I think it would be a fabulous way to spend Mother's Day... CAMPING
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 09:20 PM   #6

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
Registry
Booker, what year was the Jubilee produced? I've got a 1981 5500 with plywood cabinets, square look, etc. I'm curious to know what I've got.

And, I've got quite a collection of the original paperwork from the original owners from Ontario including feature spec sheets, manuals for the original Brown stove, Coleman heater, Atwood water heater, etc. I'd be happy to scan them and send them to you as attachments if you think anyone would find them useful. Some are one-pagers, others are booklets.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:00 PM   #7

Hi Helen,

The earliest Jubilee I have seen is a 1976 and the latest is a 1982. I should have been more clear - both the 1300 and 4500's shared the same fiberglass style interiors. The `7 foot 5500 does not have the fiberglass interior but is not a Jubilee - probably to give more flexibility to the layout as it was competing with the Bigfoot 17' trailers.

Interestingly, in BC there are more Jubilee trailers on the market then any other Trilliums - expensive though, all $6k plus.

Booker
Old 05-13-2008, 05:57 AM   #8

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Booker... Were all the Trillium trailers of that era built in the Toronto Ont. area or did someone build the Jubilee series out west???
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:43 AM   #9
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Here's a "legacy post" on the Jubilee. It's not definitive, but hopefully it's useful.

<span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%">Posted 10:31:02 by Member Floy E. Doull, of Clarke's Beach, Newfoundland:

Hello, Jody!

It's good to meet another Jubilee owner. Does yours look like mine? As far as I know, 1979 was the Year of the Jubilee -- Jubilee of what, you might ask, and to that I have no reply. On the inside of the door to the cupboard under my sink, there is a sheet giving the particulars, put there by the manufacturer -- Trillium Industries, Markham, Ontario. It states there that it is a Jubilee, with the serial number JU.3300169 (the last three digits might not be correct -- I can check them though). So, if yours has a similar sheet, it should say clearly on it that it is a Jubilee. The trailer itself has "Jubilee", as you can perhaps see on the picture of mine, embossed on the right rear part of the fiberglass.

Now, if yours is indeed a Jubilee, then the question is what is its year of manufacture? I was informed on the 'Bolerama' site that it was only manufactured in 1979, and my ownership paper gives that date.

I don't have the manual for the Jubilee. I do, however, have the complete manuals on CD for the Trillium 4500, provided by dear friends who have that trailer. I understood it was the immediate successor to the Jubilee, and after that the Trillium 4600 was manufactured for only one year before the firm went out of business.

I would be interested to know about your trailer. We could compare notes.

-----------------------------
Floy Doull</span>

Name:   FloysAv.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  2.4 KB
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 07:46 AM   #10
Administrator

Registry
Here's Jody's response:

<span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%">Posted 10-31-02 by Jody M., Member, of Newmarket:
My Trillium
Hi Floy,

Thanks for checking on my question to you. You know I don't think we have the same trailers as mine is a 1981 5500 Trillium, 18ft. I'll get a picture of her as soon as I can but at present I got her in getting a little work done to her. I met this guy who does work on bolers and trilliums and he does a nice job. So anyways when I get her back I'll take some pictures and let you see her. I'll also at that time tell you what I had done as you'll understand the photo's better than me. Hey who knows maybe we can meet in Nova Scotia and we can have our own Trillium rally.

Jody.

... and a followup from Floy:

Posted 10-31-02 by Floy E. Doull, Member, of Clarke's Beach, Newfoundland:

Hello again, Jody.

Now, that makes sense, the 5500 Trillium, the last year they were made, and the most developed of them all, I do believe. It is probably a real gem, to have that one. Do take pics of it when you get it back, especially the interior. I have some of the interior of mine, but yours is the superior model.

Floy Doull</span>
RV Life Network FAQ
Old 05-13-2008, 07:53 AM   #11
Administrator

Registry
And here's another legacy post, which I'm including here because member Mark Thomas has/had a Jubilee with 1980 on the title:

<span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%">Posted 08-04-03 by Mark Thomas, Member, of Winston-Salem, North Carolina:

Trillium Jubilee
This is our Jubilee. According to the title it is a 1980 model. It sat in a neighbor's yard for two years before I bought it. All the fitting were rusty, the upholstery was rotted, the roof vent had leaked and the floors were mush in spots.
I coreccted those things, added a porta potty, some extra shelving, a small chest of drawers.
It was a lot of work but worth it. We have pulled it from Maine to Florida.
I have never seen another like it on the road.
This is my first attempt to post a response. I hope it works!!!!

(uploaded images no longer available)
Marko
1980 Trillium Jubilee
Towed with a Dodge Dakota V8

Name:   MarkThomasAV.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  1.8 KB

Last edited by: Mark Thomas on 08-05-03 09:50:39</span>
RV Life Network FAQ
Old 05-13-2008, 08:41 AM   #12

The years the model each Trillium was introduced and when the last model was made is tricky to determine. Last month there was a Trillium 5500 for sale that was declared as a 1984 model. I was pretty sure the Trillium company went out of business in 1982. 1972 SEEMS to be the first year of the 1300, 1974 the first year of the 4500 and 1980 the first year of the 5500.

Doing a search this morning I cannot confirm any Jubilee's created earlier then 1978 though I have believe I have seen a 1976 for sale in the past.

There seems to be enough interest in the topic of Trillium history for me to spend a bit of time whipping up a page to help me gather this information. Thanks for everyone who has responded so far.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:59 AM   #13

Trailer: 1974 Trillium 13 ft
Depending on how far you want to go with this, it may be interesting to try getting in touch with someone who had something to do with the original Trillium company. Maybe through one of the two newer companies? (e.g. Joe Thoen @ Outback or Tom Young @ TrilliumRV) Long shot, though... they might not even know, or remember such details, but who knows.
Old 05-14-2008, 05:23 PM   #14

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
Helen I sent you a PM about the manuals
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 06:56 PM   #15

Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
Hi There all

I have a Jubilee trailer as well, I think it is an 1981 model if I recall correctly, that I hauled with a Scout 800 last year. It really is a cosy little trailer but is a rare bird...only ever seen one other one like it. It was butchered sometime in the past. I'm always interested to find out any info I can on it!!

Marc
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:27 PM   #16

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Hi There all

I have a Jubilee trailer as well, I think it is an 1981 model if I recall correctly, that I hauled with a Scout 800 last year. It really is a cosy little trailer but is a rare bird...only ever seen one other one like it. It was butchered sometime in the past. I'm always interested to find out any info I can on it!!

Marc
Hi: Marc...Just got home from Bolerama 2008 @ Emily P.Pk. near Peterborough Ont. and I saw at least 2 or 3 Jubilee's there. There were around 110 Fiberglass trailers scattered through the park for 3 days. It was a blast...with around 200 people for "looky see & pot luck" sat. nite I was busy showing off our new Escape 5.0. Wish I had gotten to talk to the owners of those trailers.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 01:44 PM   #17

Trailer: Boler 1984

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trillium_Jubilee.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	14348

Here is a picture of one of the two Trillium Jubilees that were at the Emily Gathering on the weekend. It looks very similar to the "Square Boler". The owners said that only about 60 were made. They appear to be about 15 feet in length.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 08:14 PM   #18

It sounds rare...I have only ever seen one like mine on the roads. There is a lot of wood cabinets in the thing, and it has seen neglect the past while of its life. we are in the process of putting new cabinets in it as the wood was all dryrotted, and reflooring it as well. To me it didn't seem as nice as a larger rounded trillium that was for sale around here with the plastic moulded cabinets. But it's ours and we love it..here is a picture of it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	oD5.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	14360
Old 07-12-2008, 02:02 PM   #19

Trailer: 81 Trillium 5500 (Pearl)
Talking

The Jubilee is indeed a rare egg.
At Ontario last week we toured two of them. It may be seen as the "Square Trillium" which is a bit of a mis-nomer as all Trilliums are somewhat squarer than Bolers or Scamps. It's 15 feet long like the 4500 (4.5 meters, get it?) and has some rather unique features. In addition to the cabinetry changes they also came without the standard Trillium Ensolite™ insulated lining. Both the Jubilees we saw had owners who complained heartily about the apparently original crap that they had to peel off the walls and ceiling and replace.

As for the 5500... Charlie C on this forum had a chance encounter with a retired executive of Trillium a couple of years ago. That fellow told Charlie that the 5500 was manufactured only in 1980~81 (ours is an '81) and a total of only sixty-three made. There were a remarkable five (5) of those at Emily last week. Each 5500 is a bit different as far as bathroom features, paneling color and galley set up. Some had complete showers, some toilets, some Porta-Pottis. Some had gas/electric cooktops, some ovens (!) and some purely gas cokktops. We've seen several that were not at Emily this time and can confirm that it's not simply post-production changes that make each individual, it's the way they were delivered. There were even a limited number of tandem axle 5500's made before Trillium decided to save a few bucks and put in a single torsion axle. By the time the 5500 was being made, Trillium was in financial trouble and it seems as if it was an attempt to grab market share to save the company. Apparently unsuccessful, they soon went belly-up.

It's a fascinating story which I cannot document or guarantee.... all word of mouth and second hand at that.
But then, much of human history is the same, eh?
Kathy & Doug Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:01 PM   #20

What would be the insulation in my Jubilee? It's kind of a foam backed stuff that looks like stucco or popcorn on the outside. The PO painted it white and it doesn't look bad. We are n the process of replacing the cabinetry as it's all kind of rotted and collapsed.

Tags
trillium