Taking the Trillium shell of the frame advice. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2018, 12:39 PM   #1

Name: Jorge
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Taking the Trillium shell of the frame advice.

Hi Folks,
Hoping to take the shell off the frame of my 74 Trillium 1300 this weekend and open to advice on how to best do it. I have already removed 2 bolts in the front and 2 in the back, are there more than 4?
Thanks in advance, Jorge,
Jorge from T.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 05:24 PM   #2

Name: Ross
Trailer: Trillium 4500
Colorado
Registry
Taking the Trillium shell of the frame advice.

I have a trillium 4500 and have 8 bolts 4 in front of axle and 5 behind axle. I don’t know how many bolts hold down a 1300.
Seaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:37 PM   #3

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
My 1977 has 8, I would expect yours to have six. Two per side inside the rear dinette benches and one per side in the gaucho bench.

Get s good light and look under the camper. You should see the nuts on the bolts through the frame.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 09:52 PM   #4

Name: Gordon
British Columbia
Mine was mostly held down with self tapping metal screws. Which had basically rusted away.

I used standard floor jacks and a couple of 4X4s. Just jacked it up a bit at a time and then supported it on the 4x4s. They reached from side to side.

I was able to work inside while I had the frame out.
Trill136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 03:40 PM   #5

Name: Greg
Nova Scotia
Registry
My 75 had 6 bolts plus a couple of approx 1” screws (old electrical grounds?) . We used floor jacks with short 4x4s to lift the body off the frame high enough to slide longer 4x4s underneath, which we supported with jack stands. Once we adjusted the height a bit the frame was free to roll out from underneath the shell.
Greg and Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 03:58 AM   #6

Name: Duane
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
New Brunswick
Hi there are six bolts on my '76 Trillium 1300. I went under and cut off each one and used two 4"x4"x10' to support the body when I lifted it. Use solid blocks to rest the 4x4's on for sturdy supports. There are the propane lines and a ground wire to disconnect as well. Once I raised the body I took the wheels off and lowered the frame onto 2x6's resting on the hubs, it rolled easily out from under the body to the rear with the tongue jack folded up . I did use stainless steel bolts to remount the body again. Some frames have angle iron clips welded on the sides to insert bolts into. My Trillium had the bolts through the frame rails instead. Good luck ! If in doubt ask on here to find and answer to your question . Be safe ! Duane
getaway1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium