13' boler Screen door - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2017, 10:50 PM   #1

Name: Gary
Trailer: 70 Boler
Manitoba
13' boler Screen door

Hello all,

I am new to the forum, but have been looking through many threads about a DIY screen door. I have two questions that I have not been able to find the answer to after an extensive search. Here they are:

1. Does anyone have plans for a screen door?

2. Can anyone who has built their own screen door, please help in describing how you measured the curve in the trailer to create the side panels that the door would be attached to? I have been racking my brain and can't think of an inexpensive option to trace out the curve.

Thanks for your time.

Gary
Gary Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:21 PM   #2

Name: Jan
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Hi Gary. I bought one of those Magnetic screen doors from the dollar store and cut it down. Added some extra double sided tape pieces to get a better fit. BTW its on the inside.
Jan
Jan Dyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 11:33 AM   #3

Name: Lisa
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Following. I did the magnetic door idea but no matter how much tape I had it always fell down.
Hudson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 12:37 PM   #4

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
If you do a bi-fold door like Scamp used to offer, The hinge side attaches to a strip of wood attached to the closet by the door. The other side has to have a curved piece cut to fit. In this photo you can also see there is a strip of wood tabbed to the fiberglass under the rat fur to which it is screwed.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1657.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	373.1 KB
ID:	110646

Here's one trick I saw used by someone else to make a cardboard template for a curved piece. Take measurements and cut a piece of cardboard that is an approximate fit for the curve (leave it wider than needed). Tape it in place. Take a piece of hose and lay it tightly against the shell next to the cardboard piece (this will take an extra pair of hands since you're working vertically). Trace along the hose to transfer the exact curve to the cardboard. If there are any gaps bigger than the width of the hose, you might have to repeat one more time. Once you have the curve right, then measure the width to cut the straight side.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 03:25 PM   #5

Trailer: 1986 Boler 1300 Voyager
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson79 View Post
Following. I did the magnetic door idea but no matter how much tape I had it always fell down.
Do not tape it on. Attached stainless snaps to both the camper and the screen. Snap the screen in place and it will be very secure and removable.
Markz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler