Rubber seal around Boler door - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2019, 02:26 PM   #1

Name: Nolan
Trailer: Boler 13ft 1972
British Columbia
Rubber seal around Boler door

I replaced the seal with a D shaped seal that I stuck around the inside of the door frame, i.e so that the door would close 100% over the seal. That made things a little tight and the door needed a solid slam to close.

But I"m not happy with it and have been told that Scamp sells a rib door seal that is supposed to be really good.

https://www.scamptrailers.com/parts-...al-detail.html

My question is, where do I place the seal? It says with the rib facing out, so...

1. Do I / can I stick it to the door (the very edge of the door) with the rib pointing out and have the door+seal close against the frame; or
2. Do I stick it to the door opening itself so that the door closes against the frame+seal. And would I position it on the inner or outer part of the door opening frame? See picture, and forgive the artistry.

and of course, the seal would go all the way around.
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.jpg  
nolan krombein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 03:18 PM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: Escape 15A
Minnesota
Registry
I wonder how stiff that Scamp seal is... I replaced my disintegrating screen door seal with some foam tape weatherstripping I got at Home Depot, but it is too stiff, plus it wants to stick to the screen door, so I'm going to have to replace it again.

I really just need some squishy low density foam to keep the skeeters out.
Steve Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 06:20 PM   #3

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
PO must have used this on my boler and it is stuck to the camper with ribs facing door.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 12:18 PM   #4

Name: Elvin
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Below is the answer from Ian Giles (Boler guru) Boler.ca

There are 2 options I like, First is a lipped seal available from Vintage trailer Supply (link below). Another option is if you have a self serve auto wrecker near you the weatherstripping on the side door of many vans and mini vans are very similar to the original that clips around the door frame.
http://www.vintagetrailersupply.com/...-p/vts-229.htm

He recommends that you adhere it to the trailer rather than the door.

Elvin
omache27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 12:20 PM   #5

Name: Elvin
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Also the lip faces out.

Elvin
omache27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler