Another Egg 1978 Boler 17' - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2019, 07:19 AM   #21

Name: Tim
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
I have the 1977 version from Neonex. I think it is the only year they made all the cabinetry etc out of fiberglass. Everything else has the wooden. We like ours but the gaucho bed that folds down is still too small. Narrower than a twin! I really like that mine was built in Calgary where I was born and still live today!
TimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 07:23 AM   #22

Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy F View Post
When you put your 15" wheels on, did they fit the original stud pattern, or did you also change the axle or hubs?
I changed mine out too for some Ford Ranger rims. I made the LARGE mistake (sheer ignorance) that some rims require different lug nuts. Two blocks from our house the wheel came off and did some major damage.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:18 AM   #23

Name: Nancy
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR View Post
I changed mine out too for some Ford Ranger rims. I made the LARGE mistake (sheer ignorance) that some rims require different lug nuts. Two blocks from our house the wheel came off and did some major damage.

Thanks Tim, will make a note that the Ford Ranger rims fit when I am looking. I use to have a Ranger and loved it, gave it to the kid when she finished school. I wonder if there is a Chevy rim that would bolt on as well, just a little OCD here as we will be pulling the trailer with a 51 chevy pickup.
Nancy F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 09:21 AM   #24

Alberta
Quote:
Thanks Tim, will make a note that the Ford Ranger rims fit when I am looking. I use to have a Ranger and loved it, gave it to the kid when she finished school. I wonder if there is a Chevy rim that would bolt on as well, just a little OCD here as we will be pulling the trailer with a 51 chevy pickup.
Yes I like things to match as well. Not sure what part of our brain it satisfies, but it sure does! I had and still have a 1992 Ranger as well. LOL my mother wouldn't let me sell it when I was done with it after 283000 kms!
Old 04-27-2019, 04:24 PM   #25

Name: Steve
Trailer: 1979 Boler1700
Maple Ridge, B.C.
Registry
Quote:
Unfortunately Ford and Chevrolet have different bolt patterns. I had a'53 Chevy pickup. It had Mustang II independent front suspension. It had Ford front bolt pattern and Chevy rear bolt pattern. Aftermarket wheels might come in different bolt patterns for the same wheel.
ststefan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler