boler/FG renovations on the East coast? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2019, 12:02 PM   #1

Name: Karen
Trailer: boler
New Jersey
Registry
boler/FG renovations on the East coast?

Hi all,

Hope you’re enjoying your holidays! I want to have some renovations done to my 81 boler, but it seems that most places are on the west coast of the US. Do any of you know of any reputable businesses that do this on the East Coast ?

Thanks!
kvnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 10:39 AM   #2

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Kind of depends on what you have in mind. How about some specifics?
Old 12-30-2019, 11:39 AM   #3

Name: Karen
Trailer: boler
New Jersey
Registry
Get an air conditioner installed, a better rooftop vent, see if the door can be straightened out/ hung more evenly, possibly reinstall propane, install shelves in the closet...
kvnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 01:40 PM   #4

Trailer: 1972 Boler American
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvnj View Post
Get an air conditioner installed, a better rooftop vent, see if the door can be straightened out/ hung more evenly, possibly reinstall propane, install shelves in the closet...
What size Boler? If it is a 13' I suggest looking at the frame to see if the door opening has not shifted due to a cracked or bent frame. I found that my original frame was cracked on the drivers side front where the frame curves in towards the tongue (inside bottom). When I built my new frame while doing some measurements I discovered that the frame was lower at the front and back than the footwell center section by about 3/4" from the hitch ball to the bumper. both of these things will cause the body of the trailer to twist giving the appearance of a sagging door. It took a while to re-(un)-twist the body to get everything to fit. A new frame is a large project that I made larger by changing the length of my trailer so I could add a storage box and other goodies in front of the trailer. There is a company in Canada that specializes in frame replacement with a galvanized frame that is really well made.
Shelves in the closet... I used wire shelving supported by light weight aluminum angle held in place with pop rivets that work well.
Air conditioner...…..Look at a split unit with the compressor mounted on the tongue The roof of the boler would need several fiberglass modifications to support a standard roof mounted unit. Good luck!
Marty Smiltneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 04:17 AM   #5

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Karen. I once saw an interesting way to take the sag out of one of these doors and was going to do it on my 79 Boler. I didn't do it because I found a sweet deal on a Casita and ended up selling my Boler last Spring. Anyway
This door fix involved 2 aluminum strips as long as the door is wide and about 2 inches wide. One strip was secured, using glue and pop rivets, to the inside of the door about 2 feet up from bottom and the other about on the inside just above where it touched the floor.
To these stirps I attached 6 - three to the top aluminum and 3 to the bottom, "L" shaped hangers that held 3/8 rod through the bottom of the "L".
It then showed 3/8 inch rod cut into 6 pieces and 3 into the top "L" and 3 into the bottom with a turn-buckle between them so they could be tightened to bring the bottom of the door in, where it would close tight.
The rods have to be bent so the turn buckles would work but it looked like an easy and permanent fix for the bottom sag of the door.
Has anyone actually done this???
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:11 PM   #6

Name: Kent
Trailer: 1974 1300 Boler
Manitoba
Regarding fixing a floppy door on a 13' Boler, I did this over 20 years ago and have never had a problem since.

Refer to post #6 in the following link:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...3-a-66645.html

Tags
boler