April’s 1975 Boler - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-03-2020, 07:46 AM   #21

Name: April
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Washington
Wow this is great! I will probably be printing out bit by bit Spring time is not a good time for me to be sitting in front of the computer doing research, I’ve just gotta be outside, so this is very helpful and I look forward to the pics, i’ve been trying to imagine how that new lock system would work with my door and how much repair I will have to do if I use it.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:27 PM   #22

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
Welcome to the Boler clan. I'll be following closely as you work things through. I agree with the short list of: tires, wheel bearings, suspension, lights and a good clean inside. Judging from the photo that you probably need a door catch. Once cleaned up inside, the suggestion to camp in it is a good one so that you can locate any leaks and start a list of items that need fixing. That was how we got our little egg up and running. With the exception of this year, we have been on the road for seven-plus years. We have owned it for 9 years. Two years were dedicated to getting it de-tarred (bought from a hunter who smoked and abused the lovely egg.

I will dig around my notes for the things that we needed to do to make our egg livable and send them to you.
I am looking into a door latch kit, any suggestions? I just received my first part in the mail today! new hinge repair kit
Old 05-07-2020, 04:16 PM   #23

Name: Nicolas
Trailer: 1978 Boler
Almonte, Ontario
Hi,
Here is the latch that we bought to replace the original because it sat flush with the door. Less to catch on when walking by.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	134447

I will send pictures of the latch installed and waiting to be finished off. It was an easy install: cut the opening, install the latch, build up the inside space with wood spacers and attach the inner plate to hold it all in place. The latch should line up with the fibreglass seam of the body. You will need to back that with a metal plate for extra security.
Nicolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 04:18 PM   #24

Almonte, Ontario
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0377.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	134448
Old 05-07-2020, 07:34 PM   #25

Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Registry
I used the same latch as Nicolas. Has been in our boler since 2004 works great.
Fred
Old 05-07-2020, 07:49 PM   #26

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
Hi,
Here is the latch that we bought to replace the original because it sat flush with the door. Less to catch on when walking by.
Attachment 134447

I will send pictures of the latch installed and waiting to be finished off. It was an easy install: cut the opening, install the latch, build up the inside space with wood spacers and attach the inner plate to hold it all in place. The latch should line up with the fibreglass seam of the body. You will need to back that with a metal plate for extra security.
How did you attach the wood spacers?
Old 05-08-2020, 08:01 AM   #27

Almonte, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilDawn View Post
How did you attach the wood spacers?

Ahh! The benefits of fibreglass epoxy. I made up a batch to do another small job and used a little to glue the wood strips in place and used Saran Wrap between the wood strips and the inside latch plate to prevent the strips from falling out and the inside plate from being a permanent fixture (fibreglass is great stuff but it needs to be respected).
Old 06-21-2020, 01:58 PM   #28

Washington
Hey! I hope all is well I am looking for the little metal pieces that pull the louvre windows in tight? I have all the parts for all my windows except those?? https://www.dkhardware.com/aluminum-...uct-23260.html
Something like these I think.
Thanks!
Old 06-21-2020, 02:02 PM   #29

Washington
Also I am finally gonna start this today! My family doesn't want me sleeping out in the backyard without a lock anymore! LOL! And, I need a new vent, it looks like I am going to have to use a 14 inch? I can't find the 9 inch anywhere?
Old 06-21-2020, 04:12 PM   #30

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
You mean one of these https://www.amazon.com/Hengs-17511-C...YRT974P2PF6JHR
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2020, 08:09 PM   #31

Name: Renee
Trailer: Boler
Washington
April-
Centraltrailer.com has lots of window parts.
And: https://www.mobilehomedepotmi.com/do...ejalousie.html
Old 06-22-2020, 08:48 AM   #32

Washington
Thank you!! Ordered it!
Old 06-22-2020, 08:49 AM   #33

Washington
Thanks! I will investigate

Tags