How to attach the front window guard? (Boler) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2020, 08:12 PM   #1

Name: Dee
Trailer: Boler 1300H
British Columbia
How to attach the front window guard? (Boler)

Hello everyone,

The window guard on my '79 Boler was attached to a piano hinge, which was then bolted through the fiberglass. I removed it today, but I have no idea how it really should be attached. You can see that it is the deep-dish style, not the flat style like you can buy from the Scamp website.

If anyone has photos of how this guard should be attached, I would love to see them!

Thanks!
Dianna
Deesquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 05:19 PM   #2

Name: Dave and Bonnie
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesquared View Post
Hello everyone,

The window guard on my '79 Boler was attached to a piano hinge, which was then bolted through the fiberglass. I removed it today, but I have no idea how it really should be attached. You can see that it is the deep-dish style, not the flat style like you can buy from the Scamp website.

If anyone has photos of how this guard should be attached, I would love to see them!

Thanks!
Dianna
My ‘77 Boler Bernice has a piano hinge just like yours so keep it like that with new caulking! Works fine. Great you have both locking clips for travelling!
daveandbonscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 06:17 PM   #3

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Sorry I can not post pictures but I just got 2 stainless cabinet hinges and attached it to the ends of the cover, then holding the cover up to the camper, in the closed position, I measured the distance between camper shell and hinge but.
I then made a hardwood block about to fill this gap. remember the block can not be just cut straight but must compensate for the curve of the camper shell.
It worked fine for the 10 years I had my 89 Boler.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:22 AM   #4

Name: Dee
Trailer: Boler 1300H
British Columbia
Thanks Daveandbonnie and Gerry. I appreciate your input!
Deesquared is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler