Replacing Boler Windows - Help!! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2020, 11:45 AM   #1

Name: Nicole
Trailer: Boler
Washington
Replacing Boler Windows - Help!!

Hi all! I just purchased a 1975 boler that is in need of lots of TLC. I'm new to trailer life (and just learning about renovations!)

The trailer needs new windows in the front and back. I've seen lots of threads where people debate over plexiglass or other materials. Do you have an opinion? Can i simply buy the SCAMP windows for replacement? I kind of like how those slide open...

Thanks for your help!
Nicole in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 01:42 PM   #2

Name: melvin
Trailer: boler
Nevada
front and back windows must be

I just replaced mine yesterday. The must be plexiglass. The reason is the window is curve side to side and up and down.

Scamp sells the windows and gaskets. Get the single piece gasket. It is possible to source the plastic local. Be prepared to have to sand and modify the fiberglass openings to accommodate new windows.

Also be prepared to pay to have installed.

Hope that helps.
I spent 150 for installation and 280 for materials
Mr. melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 01:46 PM   #3

Name: Steven
Trailer: '79 Boler
on Ontario
Registry
I replaced my back and door windows and Acrylic was recommended as it's more resistant to UV cracking. Do the research.
steve67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 10:37 PM   #4

Nevada

The product I purchased was acrylic. I just consider all clear platic, plexiglass. My mistake.
Old 06-22-2020, 11:11 AM   #5

Name: Renee
Trailer: Boler
Washington
I replaced my front and back windows with polycarbonate from ICONdirect.com

One tip, don’t remove old windows until you are ready to install the new set. We took out the old, and didn’t attempt to install the new ones for two months. In the interim, the window opening changes shape slightly, making getting the new ones installed challenging. I think my husband invented new swear words while wrestling the seals in place.
Old 06-25-2020, 05:12 PM   #6

Nevada

Yes I leaened some new curse words. I removed my windows and they were out for about six months. The fiberglass shell has a no d of it's own. I had to grind down areas to make the new windows fit. They were exact copies of the originals. But she is now done. I did a ground up restore. So if any questions about what does and doesn't work I know this guy. Lol

Tags
boler, windows