Boler trailer roof - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-16-2020, 12:15 PM   #1

Name: Roberta
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Boler trailer roof

Hi, I am new to the site but have owned my Boler for many years. I own a 16 ft square style Boler built in 1981. There were only about 50 of this model made. I have an issue with the roof sagging in the rear part. The outer Fiberglass seems to be intact, no cracks. The wall coverings on this model were a quilted vinyl and the ceiling was a popcorn looking fabric. They both need to be removed, the ceiling needs to be fixed then new ceiling vents put in. I live in Oshawa Ontario and wanted to know if anyone would have any names of someone for repair.
Roberta Glover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 11:40 AM   #2

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
We placed three truck bed spreader jacks from local store under the roof for the winter. One at each vent edge and one in the center of the trailer; just a little high measured from floor and the roof took the shape back during winter storage. It was just a little sagged due to snow in winter.
The original en-cellulite (elephant skin) insulation on the roof and walls is very hard to replace but you maybe able to peel it back carefully at the seam joint in middle of the trailer; Sounds like your insulation is of two types though?

Hope your sag is small like ours was and this helps

We added two regular new power vents on roof as it is not strong enough for air unit it already had a stock unit when we made the change so power wires were available.

Want to add air on tongue of trailer or other method for our hotter weather we are having.
Old 07-19-2020, 12:34 PM   #3

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
Roberta, I have taken my trailers to Paul Neumeister (Fiberglass RV Parts, Repairs and Service) for repairs. I highly recommend him. He is in Sebringville, ON, about two hours from you. Paul actually owned a square 16' Boler at one time. Now he owns a Bigfoot. Here is his website link:

Fibreglass RV Parts, Repairs, and Service by Paul Neumeister

Contact info:

345 Huron Road, Sebringville, Ontario, NOK 1X0
Phone: 519-393-6410 (shop) 393-6776 (home)
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler