Parkliner - Fresh Water Tank - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2019, 09:37 AM   #1

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Parkliner - Fresh Water Tank

I just finished a thorough cleaning of my 2014 Parkliner and noticed 1 of the 2 straps that holds the fresh water tank in place is broken.

Do I need to take the tank completely out to replace the strap and how difficult is it to remove the tank? Thanks
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 01:20 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Where did it break? If it's like ours, the straps are made of steel strips with holes all along. The ends are bent out at an angle and bolted together with long screws. You may be able to splice the break with another piece of the same material. If it broke somewhere under the tank, Then yes, you would probably need to remove the tank.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:03 PM   #3
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Collins View Post
Where did it break? If it's like ours, the straps are made of steel strips with holes all along. The ends are bent out at an angle and bolted together with long screws. You may be able to splice the break with another piece of the same material. If it broke somewhere under the tank, Then yes, you would probably need to remove the tank.
Wayne,
I believe you are describing the black water tank under the camper.
Huck was referencing the fresh water tank inside.
Or was he wrong? I’m confused ....
Sid
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:17 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid View Post
Wayne,
I believe you are describing the black water tank under the camper.
Huck was referencing the fresh water tank inside.
Or was he wrong? I’m confused ....
Sid
No, I think we're both talking about the black FRESH water tank inside under the bed.
wc
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 05:59 PM   #5
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Thanks Wayne!
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 04:39 PM   #6

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Yes, the freshwater tank inside the trailer. The strap rusted out under the tank. I think I have a fix that doesn't require removing the tank thanks to another member.

I'll post the fix when I get it done.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 06:18 PM   #7

Name: Aaron
Trailer: Parkliner
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
Yes, the freshwater tank inside the trailer. The strap rusted out under the tank. I think I have a fix that doesn't require removing the tank thanks to another member.

I'll post the fix when I get it done.
Huck,
Hopefully you can repair the strap, pulling the tank will not allow access to the bottom of the strap, it is actually attached to the bottom of the board with screws and then the board is glasses into rhe shell. Which side of the strap broke, in front or behind the tank? Also if the tank strap rusted the you had or have a leak from somewhere on or around the tank. If there is a leak and not addressed it will cause more damage that may not be eaisly repaired.
AmcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:17 AM   #8

Name: Beth
Maryland
We would be interested in any thoughts regarding the water issue that caused your strap to rust. We have mysterious water accumulation under our water tank. We think it’s coming in the electric cord hole but not sure it holds true for all previous cases. It’s a mystery, and a pain in the ass to get the water out of there.
Doggonehappy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 05:33 PM   #9

Name: Aaron
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggonehappy1 View Post
We would be interested in any thoughts regarding the water issue that caused your strap to rust. We have mysterious water accumulation under our water tank. We think it’s coming in the electric cord hole but not sure it holds true for all previous cases. It’s a mystery, and a pain in the ass to get the water out of there.
Beth,
Is there holes in the bottom of the shell below the fresh tank? Also there are a few things it could be , the fresh fill could be leaking, the lower fitting on the tank could be leaking, the crossover pipe at the very rear of the floor could be leaking, the tank could have a hairline crack at the bottom, the clamp at the low point drain, the fittings for the water pump could be leaking. All of these are things I have seen first hand.
AmcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:31 PM   #10

Name: Beth
Maryland
Thanks Aaron. I will run this list by Ross. I know he has done a dozen tests to try to pin it down but it must be one that you have mentioned. Stay tuned...
Doggonehappy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner