Boler bunk cushions - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2020, 10:16 AM   #1

Name: Anne
Trailer: '74 Boler
Alberta
Boler bunk cushions

When we first bought the boler, we removed the bunk. Now with a growing family, we need it back! So we are in the process of re-building the bunk and I can't remember which cushion should go on the top bunk? The skinnier one or the bigger one? I don't want to cut the wood platform till I am certain!
aumpleby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 01:02 AM   #2

Name: Tim
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Thinner one on top. If I recall, it was only 2 or 3" foam compared to the 4" on the bottom. If you are rebuilding though, I would stay thicker for comfort for the person on the top. The only thing you would lose is when it is down, there would be a bit less to sit on. Should still fold down easily too.
TimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 07:22 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Boler bunk cushions

Yes, the top bunk uses 3” foam on top of a 3-piece hinged platform of 3/4” plywood. That brings the total thickness close to the 4” foam used in all the loose cushions. The cover goes over the whole thing.

Do you have the old plywood base, or do you have a template for the three pieces of plywood? It will not fold down correctly into a sofa if you use a single solid piece of plywood. The ends have to bend to fit the curves in the front corners. I might have a sketch with dimensions on my laptop. Let me know if you want me to look for it.

Tim, if you make the top thicker, you also have to change the dimensions of the two lower cushions because the top fits behind the large bench cushion when lowered. It would need to be 1” narrower and the banana cushion would need to be 1” wider. I would not recommend doing that.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler