Not my burro - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2020, 09:49 PM   #1

Name: Renee
Trailer: Boler
Washington
Not my burro

Portland, Or craigslist

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/...147561298.html
Old 06-26-2020, 01:33 AM   #2

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
I am so tempted to feel sorry for him and buy it for way too much money just to help that poor person out.....

But I am much too busy feeling sorry for myself every time I buy more supplies for my own renovation.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 09:45 PM   #3

Name: Tony
Trailer: Trillium & Burro
Washington
Not looking for sympathy, but thanks. If you think it’s too much, just look at some of the crazy prices out there...$25k+ for a teardrop.
I’m still working on it slowly but surely, however my new tow vehicle doesn’t quite have the same capability as my previous so looking to get back into a teardrop, although I’m still trying to keep it light - if I get far enough along I’ll probably keep it. This is my 3rd fiberglass camper (Boler & Trillium were the other two) and I do prefer the fiberglass interior of the Burro/Uhauls.
Good luck with your own project - it’s like owning a home, always something to fix, upgrade, modify. And thank you for a bit of motivation...I really just need to get back into it and finish the damn thing so I can get out roadtripping again.

I’m keeping an eye out for a Little Joe or Meerkat if anyone comes across one...5th times a charm?
toeknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 05:43 AM   #4

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Great example of how far you can get upside on a rebuild. The only way to get your "money back" is to finish it and use it. Its not like people get their money back on motorhomes, traditional RV trailers, vehicles, etc.

Depreciating assets are not investments in the traditional sense. They are an "investment" in lifestyle. You get the value, and hopefully a lot more, through experiences. A half finished project = big hit financially. $1000 for wheels and tires = ouch.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 12:05 PM   #5

Washington
Just like reason many of us get these little campers, it’s not just the destination...the journey is also a great experience. My goal is still to finish, and once I get the floor finished up & everything mounted back on the frame, I’ll probably keep it for awhile. Regardless of if/when I sell it, the restoration process as a whole has been a good experience. It might come in handy when I retire one of these days and need a project to keep me busy.

I’ve had fairly good luck buying/selling fiberglass campers (& cars) with minimal or no loss if I include the enjoyment I’ve gotten out of them. Just have to be patient.

Best tires I could get - Goodyear Endurance ~$160/ea & I want to say the rims were ~150/ea...safety & style aren’t always cheap.
Old 07-31-2020, 05:36 PM   #6

Washington
Sold.

Tags
boler, burro