Adding shower: 16' Scamp Layout 4 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2018, 09:13 AM   #21

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyleB View Post
I... If I were in your situation, I would call Scamp and find out what they would charge to retrofit. I have found most of their charges for service to be reasonable.
She did call. $3,000.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:03 AM   #22

Name: Sara
Trailer: I'm now married to a 16 Foot 93 Scamp!
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
Be creative set up a portable shower inside the aisle in the trailer. Suspend the curtain from the ceiling.

Use a mixing tub for the shower pan, add a drain line down low on the side using a barbed fitting. If you wanted to you could even hook up a 12 volt pump to drain that water up and into the sink where it goes into the grey water tank. Of you can gravity drain it through a tube that goes out the door.

Below is a link to a 24 inch wide tub, they also have 19 inch wide version, both are 36 inches long and are only 8 inches high. These tubs are very durable as they were made for mixing up bags of concrete using a hoe as the mixer. The link leads to the Home Depot website, it is safe and secure to open.

Home Depot Mixing Tub
I'm so grateful for your post and your suggestions. Thanks for the link to the mixing tub! It's so inexpensive, it would definitely be worth an experiment or two. I love this webisite and all the members that are so willing to help others!
Old 05-24-2018, 10:11 AM   #23

Name: Lyle
Trailer: Scamp 16, previously Scamp 13
None
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
Ahhh. Missed that. I would think the portable shower would be my choice. I agree, I've had my 13 foot with no shower for over 3 years now,and never really missed it. Garden sprayer filled with warm water works just fine, especially if you can do it outdoors. Indoors, over the sink for hair and using a washcloth for the rest works fine inside. Put a couple of towels on the floor and clean-up is a breeze.
LyleB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:48 AM   #24

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Whatdaknow.. I just saw that this very question is number one on the Scamp FAQ page...

I'll save you the trouble and quote them here:

Q. Can a bathroom be added to a Scamp without a present bathroom?

In America anything is possible. But, some things are not easy or necessarily wise to do. When originally building the trailer all trailers requiring bathrooms are laid out for bathrooms before anything else is installed. Water lines are run, wiring is run, and fabric is installed to allow for correct installation of the shower and toilet. This can be difficult to accomplish after the fact. Also, when we started putting in front bathrooms we changed the frame up front to allow for the black water drain from the toilet. Without this frame change the front of the trailer cannot use the present toilet or the fiberglass shower floor. So, at Scamp we have no instructions on how to add a bathroom and shower after the fact, nor do we do so. There have been several enterprising fellows who have gone to the trouble to do so themselves, so it is possible.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp