Mity Lite Spacemaster - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2017, 09:00 AM   #21

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
In some cases there are wooden stiffeners imbedded in the fiberglass around the window and door openings. In that case I would stick with the original sizes. Otherwise it's probably okay to use a window slightly larger to get something you want. I wouldn't chance one a lot larger though, just being cautious.

Walt
Old 03-16-2017, 09:19 AM   #22

Name: Julie
Trailer: 1986 Mity Lite
Oregon
Good to know. Thanks, Walt.
NEED: Can someone out there with a Mity Lite provide me the side window dimensions (I can see a faint outline but not sure)?
Not sure all Mity Lite's have standard side windows, but if you see the google pics with ones with a boat on top, those appear to have the window size I will need.
Thank you!
BurdHouse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:14 PM   #23

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
You will want to look for a clamp ring type window, and be aware that it requires a clamp ring based on the wall thickness or some fudging may be necessary to make it work. An owner of the same trailer would be the best source of the information you need.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 02:32 PM   #24

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Searching for members by RV brand is a PITA because it's a free-form field and depends on HOW it was entered. I searched four different ways and came up with these
Attached Thumbnails
Miti-Lite.JPG   MityLite.JPG  

MitiLite.JPG   Mity-Lite.JPG  

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:15 AM   #25

Name: J Ronald
Trailer: Casita 17 ft. Liberty Deluxe
North Carolina
Welcome and congrats on your purchase. The door that is cracked, take it to a boat yard and find someone that does fiberglass repair. Those that work on boats do lots of fiberglass repairs. Maybe check more than yard, and look at the quality of the work they do. For the door seals, look at a buiding supply store. Ron
J Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 04:11 PM   #26

Name: kevin
Trailer: Miti-Lite
Washington
Definitely don't need the boat. It sounds like the home made skylight will be nothing but problems for you. A good place to get gaskets and seals is Trimlok. I would get trailer tires for it for sure. Like the others said clamp ring windows would most likely be best. The trailer is built with a foam core sandwich construction and would otherwise crush upon clamping a window to it so in the window locations they did laminate wood paneling in place of the foam to give it structure for installing the windows so keep that in mind. The windows in my earlier built Take Five are smaller then your Spacemaster. I don't think I would put a sliding window in it because of the angle of the sidewall water runs into the window tracks and flows to the inside and does not flow out the front weep holes. This should help you determine the struts you might need Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0470.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	104100
Old 03-19-2017, 04:19 PM   #27
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurdHouse1 View Post
Thank you. I will check those sites out. Is there a certain hydraulic lift size that I should be looking for?

Julie
I doubt that vintage had hydraulic lift cylinders; probably a spring strut as is used with hatch backs these days. Any writing/label left on one of them?

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:00 PM   #28

Name: pat
Trailer: MITY LITE
British Columbia
Welcome ! You have your work cut out ! Contact me when ready I can help.
spaghettiroad
spaghettiroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:11 PM   #29

British Columbia
contact me @ spaghettiroad@hotmail.com
Old 03-27-2017, 08:07 AM   #30

Oregon
Thank you so much! I have a guy who is going to do the fiberglass work so that the body is tight. Since it has 2 doors, we are planning on closing one of them, as for me I would prefer only one. The driver's side door is in better shape, though most have the doors on the passenger side. Any thoughts? We are going to replace both side windows which were about 42"X16" with similar or a bit larger (not smaller). Looks like the top was either fiberglassed shut with tape and then fiberglassed over or bondo'd. Either way, I plan on having it cut so that it will open. Could you do me a HUGE favor. I need pictures of the pop top, both inside and out so that my repair guy (Brandon) knows what to look for and how it goes. My email address is houserj625@gmail. com. If you could email the pictures along with your phone number (again, as I think you sent it) then I'll reach out to you via phone. I may also have Brandon call to get details as he plans on starting April 24th. Thank you again. I keep telling myself that this is SO SO worth it... though I'm just beginning, ask me again in a couple months. Julie
Old 03-27-2017, 09:40 AM   #31

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurdHouse1 View Post
Thank you so much! I have a guy who is going to do the fiberglass work so that the body is tight. Since it has 2 doors, we are planning on closing one of them, as for me I would prefer only one. The driver's side door is in better shape, though most have the doors on the passenger side. Any thoughts?
Julie, if ever you stay in an RV park, state park, basically any park that has site services, you may find yourself stepping out on a sewer connection in the middle of the night. That's one of the reasons trailers built for use in the US have the doors on the passenger side....
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:51 AM   #32

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Julie, if ever you stay in an RV park, state park, basically any park that has site services, you may find yourself stepping out on a sewer connection in the middle of the night. That's one of the reasons trailers built for use in the US have the doors on the passenger side....
Good to know... So, since I will need to possibly add fresh and gray water tanks, the water hook up will need to be on the driver's side, correct? Thank you!
Old 04-13-2017, 04:08 PM   #33

Name: Jill
Trailer: Mity Lite Spacemaster
Oregon
Hi all... so Julie/Burdhouse sold the Mity Lite... and I'm the lucky one.

I've been wanting for a scamp/burro/etc 13, but its not the right time. I saw Julie's ad last Thursday and bought it a couple hours later. It's a hot mess sub, but I'm really excited to get working on it.

So, shout out to both Julie/Burdhouse and to Spaghetti Road for all the ideas, suggestions, pictures, etcs. I see the vision, and it'll be slow to get there, but what a cool trailer.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:54 PM   #34

British Columbia
Sounds good ! Anything I can do to help let me know. Can't wait to see visual updates ! I'm debating a hydroflame or Catalytic heater for mine...
Spaghettiroad
Old 04-13-2017, 06:42 PM   #35

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Congratulations Jill. Keep us posted.

Walt
Old 06-19-2017, 05:14 AM   #36

Name: Assen
Trailer: Mini-Lite
New Mexico
Check by the trailer tongue.
I found MLT 5306 stamped there.
Assen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:11 AM   #37

Name: Anne
Trailer: Mity Lite 1986 and 1985
Washington
Hi everyone! This seemed like a good place to post. I just picked up a 1986 Mity Lite. I'm in the Seattle area. Can't wait to start fixing and cleaning it! I'll try to post a photo.
poodleranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:12 AM   #38

Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by poodleranch View Post
Hi everyone! This seemed like a good place to post. I just picked up a 1986 Mity Lite. I'm in the Seattle area. Can't wait to start fixing and cleaning it! I'll try to post a photo.
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1499007402543.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	108162Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1499007397274.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	108163Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1499007407595.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	108164
Old 07-02-2017, 09:23 AM   #39

British Columbia
YOUR SPACEMASTER

You've got a nice one ! Is there paint on the exterior? The frame looks good. Any sag in the floor? It's the same interior design as mine. I'm really curious how this one has been wired and lined for gas. We will be talking !
Old 07-02-2017, 09:27 AM   #40

Washington
Sounds good! All the wiring seems good and the gas line seems clean. I'm thinking of creating a Facebook group to share photos and info.