new parkliner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2019, 10:45 PM   #1

Name: Todd
Trailer: 2018 ParkLiner /2015 casita spirit deluxe
Georgia
new parkliner

Just brought home prob one of the last new Parkliners out there. Does anyone know how many have been made and how many Liberty Outdoors produced before stopping the manufacturing?

[ATTACH][ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9030.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	339.5 KB
ID:	127766

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9028-2.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	407.5 KB
ID:	127767[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
Toddv78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 11:55 AM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Sweet looking trailer, Todd!

No idea how many were manufactured and shipped out to dealers before they shut down. Probably not many. I’m aware of at least one or two that made it to the AZ dealer.

I’m wondering about the dark circles above the door side windows. What are they?

Nice looking tug, too. Happy travels!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:54 PM   #3

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
Dark circles are speakers. I could do without that silliness.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:41 PM   #4

Georgia
Yes they are speakers and thanks for the comments!
Old 02-06-2019, 07:01 AM   #5

Arizona
Registry
Seems a shame to cut holes in the shell for something like that when wireless speakers are so easy to set up. Wondering if they were added by the factory or the dealer?
Old 02-06-2019, 09:27 AM   #6

Georgia
Totally agree. This is what happens when a standard camper manufacturer takes over a molded fiberglass operation. They start to put same ideas into everything and don't think about the wholes in fiberglass I mean its nice but like you said bluetooth speaker is way to go
Old 02-06-2019, 09:37 AM   #7

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Nice trailer! I would be patching those holes......
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:54 AM   #8

Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddv78 View Post
Totally agree. This is what happens when a standard camper manufacturer takes over a molded fiberglass operation. They start to put same ideas into everything and don't think about the wholes in fiberglass I mean its nice but like you said bluetooth speaker is way to go
Exactly. I asked because I suspect the Parkliner factory has enough sense not to do that, but a lot of dealers add extra stuff to pad their profits.

Patching is easy if they are surface mounted, but they appear to be flush mounted.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:52 PM   #9

Central Virginia
Parkliner did the holes at the factory - I was told they were standard. I talked to them a couple years ago at the Outer Banks rally and went over the trailer in detail with them. The speakers in the display trailer were actually not level and they knew it - it was a rushed job to get it to the rally and had lots of loose ends. I really wanted a Parkliner 5 years ago. I even went to the first factory and was impressed with the design back then. I really liked the revised design with the double hull at the rally but it needed refinements before I would order one for that kind of money.
Old 02-06-2019, 07:53 PM   #10

Georgia
Bryan I totally agree with you i don't think they ever got to the standard that needed to happen quality control issues possibly as well main thing is they went into this as a mass rv company and not a niche molded fiberglass company they needed outside perspective from existing mf folks while i agree speakers on outside were not necessary and quality control may have had some issues they were on to something but because they have an existing platform with the TAB and teardrop line parkliner was in direct competition with there own brand and general public couldn't see it or understand it therefore they went out of biz. I am overall happy with what i got as i have purchased in the past a casita new in 2015, a uhaul, a 96 casita, and my friend an egg camper. Casita by far has the quality and price down but not the space that parkliner had which is def a trade off
Old 02-06-2019, 08:10 PM   #11

Central Virginia
You have a really rare and nice trailer in the Parkliner. The space inside is what was my love for it as well as the aesthetics with the anti-trolley roof. I love the no rivet design, space, layout, bathroom, etc... I even researched build design and proper sizing and gave the escape window part number to the manufacturer so they no longer had to have the large escape hatch on the roof. There are always trade offs but nothing that cannot be overcome.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:33 AM   #12

Name: Ethan
Trailer: 2019 Parkliner
New York
Hi,Bryan. Thanks for helping Parkliner move the escape hatch to the rear window. We like it,and made a lot of sense .
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:16 AM   #13

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
Todd, I got my Parkliner in September of 2014, I was told mine was somewhere in the 80's although they weren't sure of the exact number made.
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:34 PM   #14

Name: John
Trailer: 2016 Parkliner
Virginia
We got our Parkliner in October 2016. Tom told us we were right around 100. We love it.

When I see and hear the quality control nightmares of the industry as a whole, I'm tickled to death with the quality of my Parkliner. We had some wrinkles, but, since the NC factory was still around when we bought ours, everything was corrected more than adequately.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:10 PM   #15

Name: Chandler
Trailer: Casita
Utah
cool trailer. have never seen the inside of a parkliner. would love a video/photo tour.
elswenso89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:09 PM   #16

Name: Patti
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner
Virginia
What wrinkles did you have? We bought a used 2014 Parkliner. The main thing we need now are new door hinges (old ones are rusted and door is off a bit). We need to replace the shower hose as it has collapsed at the base. Thanks
PJ47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:18 PM   #17

Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ47 View Post
What wrinkles did you have? We bought a used 2014 Parkliner. The main thing we need now are new door hinges (old ones are rusted and door is off a bit). We need to replace the shower hose as it has collapsed at the base. Thanks
You might want to do what you can to salvage those hinges now. I believe they are proprietary and likely no longer available.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:29 PM   #18

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I recall a discussion some time ago where it may have been determined that the door hinges on the original Parkliners were made from universals for mechanics socket sets. May have been 1/2" drive but I'm not sure.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:37 PM   #19

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ47 View Post
If you come across any extra hinges, please send me a pm.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 06:40 PM   #20
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
If you come across any extra hinges, please send me a pm.
Lowes has them. See my post from 2015.
Btw, mine did not rust after I replaced the stock washers with ss washers also from Lowes.
Attached Thumbnails
0E9BE3B7-311C-4D63-992D-401D3735FADD.jpg  
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner