U-haul parts found - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2010, 04:16 PM   #1

Name: Sean
Trailer: Bigfoot
Saskatchewan
U-haul parts found

So, while browsing around U-haul.com, I stumbled through and found the parts listings for trailers and trucks that they have sold. With in that I founf a small partls listing for the U-haul campers

http://epc.uhaul.com/LinkOne/Viewer/...aul/misc_parts

listed are I would think some of the most common parts needing to be replaced on these units. tires are 65.58 incase anybody is looking.

The listings are at the very bottom of the page.
Orcus79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:59 PM   #2

Trailer: Boler American (#3104)
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcus79 View Post
So, while browsing around U-haul.com, I stumbled through and found the parts listings for trailers and trucks that they have sold. With in that I founf a small partls listing for the U-haul campers

http://epc.uhaul.com/LinkOne/Viewer/...aul/misc_parts

listed are I would think some of the most common parts needing to be replaced on these units. tires are 65.58 incase anybody is looking.

The listings are at the very bottom of the page.
Wow! I don't have a U-Haul but if these are still available that is a great resource for U-Haul'ers. The prices look good too! A whole axle for $195.19 !!

I just copied and pasted the list: here ...

********CAMPER PARTS********

23516006WHEEL, TRAVEL TRAILER, 4.5 X 13, WHITE 65.58
23469007AXLE ASSY, TORSION, TRAVEL TRAILER 195.19
23484001HUB/SPINDLE, CAMPER TRAILER 85.20
28245002LIGHT ASSEMBLY, AMBER MARKER, WITHOUT U-HAUL LOGO 2.10
28245003LIGHT ASSEMBLY, RED MARKER, WITHOUT U-HAUL LOGO 2.10
28558011LENS ASSEMBLY, AMBER MARKER, WITHOUT U-HAUL LOGO .75
28558012LENS ASSEMBLY, RED MARKER, WITHOUT U-HAUL LOGO .75
37715001HOUSING, TAILLIGHT, TO CHANGE TO 4" ROUND TAILLIGHT 11.74
28241002LIGHT ASSY, RED DUAL ELEMENT, (STOP&TURN) 4" ROUND 7.73
38124011STOP, DOOR RUBBER 2.09
CliveAlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul CT
and free shipping for orders over $25...
KarenW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:08 AM   #4

Trailer: 84 U-Haul CT
UHaul parts

Does anyone know how the 4" round tail light housing assembly replaces the box shaped lights on the 13 CT?

Wouldn't mind having a couple of spare lights if I knew how these worked.

Marty De
Marty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:58 AM   #5

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
it's a rounded corner alum unit from the uhaul older style open trailers that fits the curvature of the camper...so it goes over the tail light area and uses a more common round light...theres some pics on the uhaul site of a fella that installed em...they're nice actually and cheap enough compared to the uhaul covers noone has or can get........Bruce
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:57 AM   #6

tail lights

Thanks Bruce. Would be nice to have an extra or two. So I guess that means that I would need to order both the tail light housing and the dual red assembly to complete one side? Same unit for both side? Just turn over to fit left or right side? I'm not on the Uhaul site yet, so i can't look to see what they are like.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:38 PM   #7

Trailer: U-Haul CT13
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty D View Post
Thanks Bruce. Would be nice to have an extra or two. So I guess that means that I would need to order both the tail light housing and the dual red assembly to complete one side? Same unit for both side? Just turn over to fit left or right side? I'm not on the Uhaul site yet, so i can't look to see what they are like.
yes you'll need 2 of them and 2 ..4" lights.....I think they fit either side though....Bruce
Bruce Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:52 AM   #8

Trailer: Teardrop
Registry
Are the Burro and U-Haul basically the same?
Jim_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:11 PM   #9

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
They are more-or-less clones, but most of the things listed would be different, namely the axles, hub, wheels, taillights. U-haul changed the mold slightly, and also they used their own proprietary parts for much of the suspension and lighting (and other things).
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:34 PM   #10

Trailer: Teardrop
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raya L. View Post
They are more-or-less clones, but most of the things listed would be different, namely the axles, hub, wheels, taillights. U-haul changed the mold slightly, and also they used their own proprietary parts for much of the suspension and lighting (and other things).
Thanks.
Jim_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:18 PM   #11

I ordered a set (actually 3 of each...1 extra just in case) light assemblies and lens from UHaul last week. I received them 2 days later. It is a brushed alum housing that fits over the lens opening quite well. They should be able to be painted to match without any difficulty. I didn't really care much for the new 2 element lens (same as on the regular UHaul trailer), but it appears that I can get a 4" LED light that should fit in very nicely and dress things up. It would alter the classic UHaul look quite a bit, but knowing how hard it is to find the original lens I don't think that I would mind too much.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:18 AM   #12

Name: Mike
Trailer: uhaul, 84, 13CT
Massachusetts
this is a stale question but, has anyone been able to find rims for a 84 uhaul 13 ct? i've tried everything I can think of. U Haul was pleasant but no luck with any of their suggestions. I don't like traveling without a spare.
h.mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:20 PM   #13

Trailer: (fiberglass)
rims for uhaul

i ordered a rim from uhaul for my ct 13 just a few months back , I think was about 70.00 and free shiping. I tried other rims but they just did not fit right.
23516006WHEEL, TRAVEL TRAILER, 4.5 X 13, WHITE 65.58

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.mike View Post
this is a stale question but, has anyone been able to find rims for a 84 uhaul 13 ct? i've tried everything I can think of. U Haul was pleasant but no luck with any of their suggestions. I don't like traveling without a spare.
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 12:39 PM   #14

spare rims

I will most likely have extra wheels soon. I had installed a new Dexter axle, hubs and brakes, but just haven't gotten the new wheels to replace the old ones yet. Once I get the wheels that I want, I'll put the old wheels and hubs on the forum.

Marty D
Old 06-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #15

Massachusetts
Quote:
I will most likely have extra wheels soon. I had installed a new Dexter axle, hubs and brakes, but just haven't gotten the new wheels to replace the old ones yet. Once I get the wheels that I want, I'll put the old wheels and hubs on the forum.

Marty D
Hi Marty; I would definitely be interested in your old rims, or rim. that being said, I'd like to know more about your modifications. They sound great. how big a job was the axle? I'll look for your posts before I bug you with questions. H.Mike
Old 06-18-2011, 02:36 PM   #16

Massachusetts
Quote:

Marty D
Marty D: I'm very interested in what and how you installed the AC and Heater in the closet. I'm considering going all electric. I think I saw a photo of your unit without the Propane tank. Also liked the look of your new axle. thanks. h.mike
Old 06-18-2011, 03:22 PM   #17

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
That is something I would like to do. Can you PM me with what it cost you, MartyD?

I have a fear of our current situation, because we blew a hub on vacation when I was driving. This is scary with Uhaul's proprietary parts. Over on uhaulcamper, one of the CA VT's had the surge brakes freeze up while driving. We are trying to get the surge brakes fixed, but personally, I would rather replace everything with something that an RV company would recognize when something happens.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:39 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.mike View Post
Marty D: I'm very interested in what and how you installed the AC and Heater in the closet. I'm considering going all electric. I think I saw a photo of your unit without the Propane tank. Also liked the look of your new axle. thanks. h.mike
Mike,

Did my reply go thru? Wrote a lengthy reply and my computer "hiccupped" when I tried to send it. If it didn't go thru, let me know and I'll try it again.

Marty
Old 06-22-2011, 06:43 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
That is something I would like to do. Can you PM me with what it cost you, MartyD?

I have a fear of our current situation, because we blew a hub on vacation when I was driving. This is scary with Uhaul's proprietary parts. Over on uhaulcamper, one of the CA VT's had the surge brakes freeze up while driving. We are trying to get the surge brakes fixed, but personally, I would rather replace everything with something that an RV company would recognize when something happens.

CindyL
Hi Cindy,

Not sure how to do a PM. If you can get me to where it is, I'd be glad to give any info you need.

Marty
Old 06-22-2011, 07:15 AM   #20

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
I am not Cindy, but if you are reading the post online just go to the top of the page and on the right side it will have your name and also the words private messages. Those words are a link to the private message area.

Bill K

Quote:
Hi Cindy,

Not sure how to do a PM. If you can get me to where it is, I'd be glad to give any info you need.

Marty
Bill K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
u-haul