Bigfoot AC hot water heater selector switch - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2020, 02:39 PM   #1

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Bigfoot AC hot water heater selector switch

Where is it on a late model 2020 25B25RT or RQ. I read somewhere that there is a switch to choose between AC or electric hot water. I can't find it and all of my searches have led me to older units
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 02:51 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
Where is it on a late model 2020 25B25RT or RQ. I read somewhere that there is a switch to choose between AC or electric hot water. I can't find it and all of my searches have led me to older units

I think I remember reading that it's not there on the 2020 models. On my 2018 21RB it's very obvious and is on the side of the dinette seat.
JonRaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 05:30 PM   #3

Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonRaw View Post
I think I remember reading that it's not there on the 2020 models. On my 2018 21RB it's very obvious and is on the side of the dinette seat.
Thanks for your input. It kind of makes sense because the panel has separate breakers for the water heater and the AC. Then of course I have the less than useless owners manual which tells me nothing.

Now this brings up another question. How does one decide between shore or propane to heat water?
Old 06-14-2020, 05:46 PM   #4

Massachusetts
Water heater switch

There are 2 switches next to the microwave. One turns on the electric and the other the propane.
Old 06-14-2020, 07:50 PM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Quote:
Thanks for your input. It kind of makes sense because the panel has separate breakers for the water heater and the AC. Thenvof course I have the less than useless owners manualwhich tells me nothing.

Now this brings up another question. How does one decide between shore or propane to heat water?

Pretty much if I have shore power I use that for the water heater, especially if electricity is included in the cost of wherever I'm staying. If I were staying with a friend in their driveway with power borrowed from their house, I'd probably use propane (if I needed hot water at all).

Quote:
There are 2 switches next to the microwave. One turns on the electric and the other the propane.

Mine has that as well.
JonRaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 06:19 AM   #6

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonRaw View Post
Pretty much if I have shore power I use that for the water heater, especially if electricity is included in the cost of wherever I'm staying. If I were staying with a friend in their driveway with power borrowed from their house, I'd probably use propane (if I needed hot water at all)
I totally agree with this advice!
C&G in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 07:28 PM   #7

Trailer: 1974 Boler and 1988 Bigfoot
Bigfoot AC hot water heater selector switch

Quote:
I have never heard of a switch for the Hot water heater and the Ac, but only for use of the heater and the microwave, as you can,t have both on at the same time. Use the heater and water is always hot and for the short time you use the micro switch it over to microwave. Does Bigfoot still have this on their newer units. Rick..
Rick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 05:39 AM   #8

Massachusetts
Reason for thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick M View Post
I have never heard of a switch for the Hot water heater and the Ac, but only for use of the heater and the microwave, as you can,t have both on at the same time. Use the heater and water is always hot and for the short time you use the micro switch it over to microwave. Does Bigfoot still have this on their newer units. Rick..
I have another thread on my AC installation. This past weekend I finished the inside then switched it on and got nothing. Murphy's Law! I checked continuity on the ground and white wires and there wasn't any. There is a break in the wires somewhere.

The wire goes under the furnace which is under the refrigerator and then goes up the side and you can see it heading to the AC through the frig vent. I'm assuming there is a box somewhere. I'm going to call Denver today. They were closed yesterday, naturally.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:04 AM   #9

Massachusetts
Quote:
I'm assuming there is a box somewhere. I'm going to call Denver today. They were closed yesterday, naturally.

I found the box. It's in the refrigerator compartment accessible from the outside. It is on the right and tucked up a little high. The yellow Romex was also disguised with some automotive style harness protector.

The owners manual is useless. There should be a wiring diagram that shows everything including boxes and their locations.

Tags
bigfoot