installing roof air 1990 B19 Bigfoot. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2020, 04:46 PM   #21

Name: Deb
Trailer: 1990 Bigfoot B19
British Columbia
I think that line from your lights would be 12V. That’s good for the fan, but the ac needs 120. I’ve been told that there should be a “junction box” to tie into in the cupboard over the stove if there’s 120V ac/microwave circuit prewired. Mine doesn’t have that and it only has the single 120 circuit going into my panel so I think that all I have is the 120v going to the fridge. And I need a dedicated 20A 120V circuit for the ac.

So far, I haven’t pulled the inside vent cover off or peaked under the fridge vent cover, because I don’t want to mess with anything and possibly cause a leak. Still haven’t had more than one day in a row without rain (pouring today), but it would be lovely to discover a chunk of romex coming out of the channel when I do
Deb Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 05:04 PM   #22

Name: Bruce
Trailer: 1996 Bigfoot B-17-Gaucho
British Columbia
Yes that is correct I need 12 v for the fan . I believe you misunderstood I took off the inside vent cover which is purely aesthetic, no need to worry about creating a leak. When I took off the cover the trailer was prewired for 120 clearly visible running from a channel in the direction of the cupboard. I hope this helps
Bruce in B.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 05:19 PM   #23

British Columbia
Thanks Bruce. Yes I must have misunderstood where you were going with that. I haven’t touched the vent yet, but if the weather eases up a bit I’ll give it a peek. It’s just miserable and messy to muck around in this kind of weather.
It is encouraging that you found a 120V line in there! I will keep my fingers crossed 🤞🏼
Old 06-24-2020, 07:03 PM   #24

British Columbia
Good luck and again the inside vent cover is more for decoration don’t be conserved about it’s removal
Old 06-25-2020, 04:43 PM   #25

British Columbia
Furnace motor and decals

Hi I’m a new member, I have a 1996 Bigfoot trailer, my motor was making some high pitched squeals . I presumed bearings . Trying to find a replacement for a 24 year old product was arduous to say the least . I wanted to share an email of the company that was able to help . rvpartsonlinecanada@gmail.com . Excellent customer service located in Langley British Columbia Canada. Also a Graphics company that’s producing new decals sunshineautographics@gmail.com. Ask for Mark wonderful gentleman very professional and helpful. Cheers I hope someone finds this useful.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:25 PM   #26

Trailer: 1974 Boler and 1988 Bigfoot
Hi Deb Rick here see you are still looking for that wire. Remember in one of my last posts Check your panel if it is marked A/C good but to be really sure is take off cover and if there is a wire on the breaker or it is tagged in your panel. Than you are in great condition. Even if it isn,t there it is still pretty easy job. Good searching. Oh yes sorry I live in Langley Bc.
Rick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 09:19 AM   #27

British Columbia
TBH Rick, I haven't even gone looking yet. It's been so wet here that I haven't done anything except inside fiddling. Byt I do know that there doesn't seem to be any red junction/breaker box in the cupboard, and there are only the 2 breakers in the panel - the 30A main, and the 15A "everything else" (labelled "original" - the control panel was replaced a few years ago.

I'll take the front off and see if there is a loose end not connected. If so then I'm in good shape. If not, I will be fishing wire. But won't be difficult, as you say. Just one more little thing that needs doing before I can attack the main project.
Old 06-27-2020, 12:01 PM   #28

British Columbia
Just got a good look around the panel. Only the single 120 line going out. The 30A incoming main, and the single 120V branch circuit. So I will be fishing wiring. Couldn't do much else this morning - the rain started coming down in buckets (again) and the thunder & lightening (which turns my little dog into a nervous wreck). So back home, administered drugs, and settling in for the rest of the day.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:42 PM   #29

British Columbia
The channel - empty I'm afraid to say.

Well got the vent cover down. The channel is there, but empty right through to the wall (I think it goes right through to the wall anyway). So it will be a bit of a fishing expedition. But at least there IS a channel there

Haven't quite figured out what the lovely orange bit is, but it is quite a ways back into the channel. Going to grab an old coat hanger or something and figure out exactly how far in that is.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3298.jpg  
Old 06-29-2020, 01:12 PM   #30

Name: Z
Trailer: Sasquatch
Montana
I think the orange is your fiberglass shell.

I didn't think you'd find anything there...worth hoping though
ZachO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 01:35 PM   #31

British Columbia
I think it is the shell, yep. I didn't think there would be any thing there either, but, one can always dream! Grabbed an old wire coat hanger (didn't think I could find one here at home!), cut & straightened it and followed the channel to it's end - just inside the upper cabinet. Now it is possible there is a channel going front to back off of that, but if there is, I will never find it. However, it should be fairly easy to tap a hole through the top of that cabinet and feed the circuit through there to the panel. I am assuming that it goes off at a straight 90 degrees toward the wall from the vent opening. That's how it looks anyway.

Small victories.

Tags
bigfoot