2021 Bigfoot 25B17 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2021, 03:32 PM   #1

Name: George
Trailer: Bigfoot
Virginia
2021 Bigfoot 25B17

I was in Denver Friday picking up my new Bigfoot and they had the new 25B17 on the lot.
Attached Thumbnails
20210319_102209.jpg   20210319_102248.jpg  

20210319_102220.jpg  
GeoFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 05:54 PM   #2

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Wow! I want one.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 02:45 AM   #3

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Big foot logo

I like that Bigfoot logo. I peeled off all of my graphics and have a naked camper. One of the reasons is that I couldn't stand the goofy looking Bigfoot character they were using. When I am on the road I get a lot of people asking my what kind of camper I am towing. Maybe I should put a logo on the front window cover only.

I wonder if they are going to change to this new bigfoot logo on all of their units?
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 09:35 AM   #4

Name: Bob
Trailer: Bigfoot 17G
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
I like that Bigfoot logo. I peeled off all of my graphics and have a naked camper.
Would you mind sharing how you removed the graphics from your trailer? I've experimented with little sections of my 1995 trailer and the graphics seem very firmly attached. Thanks.
bobblangley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 10:13 AM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
If the decals are new and not badly weather-worn, a hairdryer and you can often just peel them off. They were dry and cracked on my Scamp, and the only thing that worked for me was a plastic razor (in the paint section of hardware stores) with plenty of extra blades, time, and elbow grease.

Some have had good results with a 3M “magic eraser” wheel on a power drill. I tried it, but it smeared ink from the decals into the pores of the gelcoat- very hard to remove.

On an older trailer, removing decals will leave a ghost image of unweathered gelcoat. It’s not ugly, just noticeable from certain angles, and it’s still there four years after I removed mine.
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 06:14 PM   #6

Name: Tom
Trailer: BigFoot 25B25RT
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblangley View Post
Would you mind sharing how you removed the graphics from your trailer? I've experimented with little sections of my 1995 trailer and the graphics seem very firmly attached. Thanks.
I did it when the camper was a few months old so it was a lot easier. I took a little off of a 2004 R-Vision feather lite. That was a lot harder and the graphics left a stain from the bleaching effects of the sun.

I got a razor scraper at Ace Hardware that had half a dozen plastic single edge razors in the package. I have also seen a plastic putty knife. Those plastic blades were important though. I used a heat gun to get it started and then kept a constant tension on the piece I was pulling. You will figure out what angle to pull piece off. It will vary depending on everything.

If you can get the Sun beating on it for a while so much the better. You can wash it down after with Acetone. REMEMBER Acetone and a heat gun is a bad combination. The age of your rig will cause you to have stains where the graphics were. They aren't really stains just unbleached fiberglass that was under the graphics. Mine was just a few months old and it showed shadows but they faded or blended in after a few months.
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 03:45 PM   #7

Name: jack
Trailer: Bigfoot
Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
I like that Bigfoot logo. I peeled off all of my graphics and have a naked camper. One of the reasons is that I couldn't stand the goofy looking Bigfoot character they were using. When I am on the road I get a lot of people asking my what kind of camper I am towing. Maybe I should put a logo on the front window cover only.

I wonder if they are going to change to this new bigfoot logo on all of their units?
Ditto me. I pealed all the graphics off my 2014 17.5 as soon as I got it. It looked like the 38' Jayco graphics had been installed by mistake.
tidewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 10:48 AM   #8

Name: Patti and Steve
Trailer: 06 Bigfoot 21FB,w/2015 GMC Sierra 2500 diesel.
Oregon
I own a 06 21'FB Bigfoot with the silly graphics . The graphics were getting old and peeling. The trailer was starting to yellow so recently I had my whole trailer completely waxed and polish but added the same silly graphics only brand new ones. I wouldn't think of removing the lovable cartoon characters unless I could have the very same replaced. I love my trailer just the way it was when I bought it in 06. But that's just me.
simplehuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 11:17 AM   #9

Name: John
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II
Hawaii
I get it that it's a "Big Foot" trailer, and that the marketing guys would want to have really big feet under their Big Foot trailer. Also that Goodyear Wrangler tires are great off road tires for off road trucks. But Wranglers tend to grab and toss a lot of mud and stones. After all, that's what they are designed to do. But using them on a fiberglass trailer seems questionable at best. What do you think the underside of this trailer will look like and how much noise will the tires generate on the highway?
Geronimo John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 12:49 AM   #10

Name: John
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite II
Hawaii
But they sure look cool!
Geronimo John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 11:47 AM   #11

Name: Ellpea
Trailer: 1989 Lil Bigfoot
CA
I too really dislike that goofy Bigfoot logo... would like mine gone as well!

Tags
bigfoot