Where are the Bigfoot trailer owners? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2018, 08:38 PM   #41

Name: Harold
Trailer: 1975 Scamp, 13-foot
Redding, California
Registry
Around here Scamps are a rare sighting, but when everyone was evacuating from the Carr Fire July 23rd (Burning for 35 days now, 229,651 acres burned, 96% contained) I saw one Scamp other than mine on the road, and one at the evacuation center.

Of course you could miss a sighting by minutes, or miles. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a Bigfoot, or would know it if I did.

Attached Thumbnails
bigfooting.jpg  
Doctor Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 06:01 AM   #42

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhamm1 View Post
We have traveled more than 10,000 miles this summer, going west and east, and did not see another Bigfoot trailer. From other discussions, I know that there are others. Where are you? We know of two couples who purchased new trailers this year, so it is good that they are still in production. They are such good quality and comfortable. We are located in the N TX area.
In fact, it seems like each year we are seeing fewer fiberglass trailers.
We have a Casita and live in Ft. Worth, Texas and I say the same thing, where are the fiberglass trailers. Well being on the Casita fourm there all around, we see most of the fiberglass trailers at the Casita Rallies and there will always be some Olivers, Escapes, Bigfoots, Scamps, etc. If it wasn't for the open house at the rallies we probably wouldn't have ever seen most of the other brands of fiberglass trailers. The worst thing about open houses is my wife walked into the Oliver and the first words were, this is our next trailer.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:33 AM   #43

Name: Dave
Trailer: 1979 Scamp 16 Delux
Oregon
Registry
Bigfoot 19

After having several 13' FG trailers, the 19' BG is my favorite. I still like the older models and that puts me into an even smaller class of FG trailer.

Several things were gained by this model, over my previous projects: a wet bath, oven, big windows, full awning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0213.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	123921

Dave Heffner
Roseburg, OR
SouthwestOregon201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:16 PM   #44

Name: Brian
Trailer: Looking
Arizona
Looking to Buy

Hi, new here and we have been trying to decide what to get for a TT. We really like quality and can't see buying one of the "throw away" trailers which has taken us to brands like Airstream & now Bigfoot. (Oliver & Casita are just too small) We are looking at the 25 footers specifically. The drawbacks to Airstream are:
1. The Airstreams are really expensive!
2. I am 6'3" and the AS showers are short and cramped mostly due to the curvature of the roof, also less storage than a more squared unit
3. AS trailers are HOT. We live in the Arizona desert and to keep a 25 foot AS comfortable here it needs two AC units. I even hear that from people in normal non-desert summer climates.
4. Airstream quality seems to have gone down in the last few years and many suffer from things like floor rot, popped rivets and frame separation as they age.

So since the nearest Bigfoot dealer is a ways from us we have not yet been able to set foot in one (no pun intended). My biggest questions from you owners are,
1. in the 2500 models is there enough room in the shower for a 6'3" person to stand up tall?
2. Those of you in hot places like Texas and Florida, is the 11K AC unit sufficient when you are in a hot climate?

Thanks in advance for any replies...
Old 09-10-2018, 08:52 PM   #45

Name: Dan
Trailer: Bigfoot 30th Anv. 25B25FB
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
Hi, new here and we have been trying to decide what to get for a TT. We really like quality and can't see buying one of the "throw away" trailers which has taken us to brands like Airstream & now Bigfoot. (Oliver & Casita are just too small) We are looking at the 25 footers specifically. The drawbacks to Airstream are:
1. The Airstreams are really expensive!
2. I am 6'3" and the AS showers are short and cramped mostly due to the curvature of the roof, also less storage than a more squared unit
3. AS trailers are HOT. We live in the Arizona desert and to keep a 25 foot AS comfortable here it needs two AC units. I even hear that from people in normal non-desert summer climates.
4. Airstream quality seems to have gone down in the last few years and many suffer from things like floor rot, popped rivets and frame separation as they age.

So since the nearest Bigfoot dealer is a ways from us we have not yet been able to set foot in one (no pun intended). My biggest questions from you owners are,
1. in the 2500 models is there enough room in the shower for a 6'3" person to stand up tall?
2. Those of you in hot places like Texas and Florida, is the 11K AC unit sufficient when you are in a hot climate?

Thanks in advance for any replies...
I'm 6'2" and the shower in our 2008 25B25FB is more than adequate. It's not as big as the wonderful shower we had in our previous 2009 Bigfoot 28TE Touring Edition motor home, but it has a good amount of headroom as well as side wall room compared to many rv showers. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Wacenturion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 09:01 PM   #46

Washington
Here's a video of a new 25B25RQ showing the bathroom and shower. You can get some idea of the height and sidewall size.

Old 09-10-2018, 09:05 PM   #47

Washington
Here's another video showing you the bathroom in the 25B25FB, the same exact layout I have in my 2008 30thanniversary 25B25FB.

Old 09-10-2018, 09:51 PM   #48

Arizona
Thanks, the shower does indeed look roomier than the ones in the newer Airstreams.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:03 PM   #49

Washington
As far as the air conditioning question, Bigfoot’s are really efficient in both heating in cold weather and cooling in warm/hot weather. Their design and construction for true four season weather applications provides excellent retention regarding heating and cooling. Much much more so than conventional trailers. All the comments I have seen over the years from Bigfoot owners in the heat of the Southwest was no problem ac wise. Hopefully someone from down there will chime in.
Old 09-10-2018, 10:11 PM   #50

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacenturion View Post
As far as the air conditioning question, Bigfoot’s are really efficient in both heating in cold weather and cooling in warm/hot weather. Their design and construction for true four season weather applications provides excellent retention regarding heating and cooling. Much much more so than conventional trailers. All the comments I have seen over the years from Bigfoot owners in the heat of the Southwest was no problem ac wise. Hopefully someone from down there will chime in.
Thanks, I did email Bigfoot and Grant from Bigfoot got back to me right away on a Sunday night and said they have a 13.5K option on the AC.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:45 AM   #51

Name: Jim
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Mississippi
We are on our first trip in our 25RQ, FL keys. As far as cooling goes after we set up we turned the AC on full cold, left to get a few things. When we returned it was 64 degrees in the front, 69 degrees in the sleeping area. Cooling is fine!
snuffy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:08 AM   #52

Name: Dale
Trailer: Bigfoot 25 RQ
California
Your sentiments about trailers matched ours, when we were looking. We looked at the Airstream and it just felt cramped, lower ceilings, etc. They are nice but the Bigfoot will fit you better. You will be able to stand in the shower. We are leaving Sacramento next Monday and heading south and will be in Arizona with our BF 25RQ next week. Specifically Tuscon for a few days. If you would like to see our trailer you are welcome. Our itinerary has us at Catalilna SP campground September 23-26. We ended up buying our trailer from a dealer in Portland, OR. And we drove allover looking at used ones. There was one for sale in Mesa a couple years ago. It sold too fast for us to get down there,
damueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 10:19 AM   #53

Washington
A nice looking 2006 Bigfoot 25B25RQ up my way for sale. Good picture of the shower.

https://bellingham.craigslist.org/rv...686979057.html
Old 09-11-2018, 05:04 PM   #54

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by damueller View Post
We are leaving Sacramento next Monday and heading south and will be in Arizona with our BF 25RQ next week. Specifically Tuscon for a few days. If you would like to see our trailer you are welcome. Our itinerary has us at Catalilna SP campground September 23-26.
Dale, that is a really nice offer! We would love to see your trailer! I will PM you later, would love to buy you lunch or dinner to return the favor! Catalina State Park is about 30-40 min from us depending on traffic.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:43 PM   #55

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacenturion View Post
A nice looking 2006 Bigfoot 25B25RQ up my way for sale. Good picture of the shower.

https://bellingham.craigslist.org/rv...686979057.html
Thanks, I am feeling pretty assured that the shower will be ample
Old 09-11-2018, 09:07 PM   #56

Name: Eric
Trailer: Alaskan
California
Fridge model?

What make and model are the fridge in the 25B25RQ unit? We are seriously considering the 25' Bigfoot and I can't find some details online. Thanks!
Eric&Traci
ebnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 10:16 PM   #57

Name: Karen
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
I've seen Bigfoot 25RQ trailers with the automatic temperature control Dometic model DM2652LBX and the adjustable temperature control Dometic model DM2662LBX. I've had both types (automatic and adjustable) over the years and prefer the adjustable control. It’s one of the reasons we drove from California to Kalispell Montana last fall to pick up our 2018 25RQ.
karencalifornian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:02 PM   #58

Name: Eric
Trailer: Alaskan
California
Thank you. We are excited to check out the 25B25. We would likely go for the twin bed version since this is what we have in our truck camper and are very happy with the layout. We hope that there is one to see at the California RV show next month.

Eric & Traci
ebnelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:17 AM   #59

Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebnelson View Post
Thank you. We are excited to check out the 25B25. We would likely go for the twin bed version since this is what we have in our truck camper and are very happy with the layout. We hope that there is one to see at the California RV show next month.

Eric & Traci
The twin beds certainly give more room for each sleeper, 6" more width and 6" more length
Old 09-16-2018, 01:01 PM   #60

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
The twin beds certainly give more room for each sleeper, 6" more width and 6" more length
Width is not a super big issue for me. When we went to a king size mattress from a queen size at home, my side was still only 18 in.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot