Parkliner Web Site - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-30-2019, 07:40 PM   #21

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
Bill, if you look back into the posts on Parkliner someone (maybe Tammy) added lights to the top in the back. There may be the answers you are looking for
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 07:43 PM   #22

Name: Pat
Michigan
I would sure be interested in a Parkliner gathering. There was talk about it when Tom was in charge of PR but it kind of fell by the wayside
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 01:02 PM   #23

Name: Ethan
Trailer: 2019 Parkliner
New York
Parkliner

Note : on July 24th,2019 , Xtreme Outdoors,LLC completed the acquisition of assets of Liberty Outdoors,LLC. Warranty claims on trailers sold earlier will be honored. Xtreme Outdoors Corporate 1519 Boettler Rd. Suite A Uniontown, Ohio 44685 Phone 877-545-4897 Just sharing Info.
Ethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2019, 02:19 PM   #24

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ47 View Post
Recently during our inspection, the fellow started to jack up the wheel under the axel and I said no this camper was made to have you jack it up from the back. He argued with me and I told him that was what the manufacturer said and it is different from the norm...
Torsion axle manufacturers recommend NOT jacking directly on the axle tube. That has nothing to do with Parkliner. I haven't read the owner's manual for a Parkliner, so I don't know what they recommend instead, but definitely not on the rear bumper for several reasons: (1) many bumpers are very lightweight, thin steel, (2) lightweight frames can flex and twist with unsupported weight all the way from the tongue to the rear, possibly damaging the fiberglass shell, and (3) you'll have to jack a lot higher to lift the wheel off the ground.

Best practice for most molded trailers is to jack on the main frame rails slightly rearward of the axle. In the absence of any better information, that's what I'd do.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 08:20 PM   #25

Name: Aaron
North Carolina
You can jack it it up on the frame rail directly behind the wheel, just make sure you are,on the frame and not the sub floor for the living area, kinda tight quarters under there, Also push come to shove you can jack up from the bumper as it is the same gauge as the rest of the chassis and is welded directly to the chassis. Push come to shove though.
AmcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:08 AM   #26

Name: John
Trailer: 2016 Parkliner
Virginia
I'd love to hook up with other Parkliner owners. Maybe a fall weekend at one of the Virginia State Parks or somewhere else.
Old 08-02-2019, 04:12 AM   #27

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ47 View Post
Hello John,
We bought our used 2014 Parkliner from a fellow in Boone NC but we live near Charlottesville Va. I am a retired social worker also and was reading one of your threads about the DVD. We were lucky enough to call and the co. sent us one which was helpful. Recently during our inspection, the fellow started to jack up the wheel under the axel and I said no this camper was made to have you jack it up from the back. He argued with me and I told him that was what the manufacturer said and it is different from the norm. Sometimes I question my memory but am I correct about how to jack up a Parkliner? We named our the "stormtrooper" cause it kinda looks like one. The only real problem we have experienced was a small leak near the freshwater tank which I tightened the clamp and it stopped and our door is askew from the top bolt being loose. The fellows at Blue Ridge Trailers took a look at it and scratched their head as to how to fix it as it is bolted into the fiberglass so even if I got another universal joint it would be difficult to weld back on. Any thoughts or other heads on this problem? We have been across country 2 times so far and getting ready to head out West again soon. If you are not too far away maybe we should try and get a group of Parkliner owners to gather. I would love to go to Fairystone Park sometime.
Yeah, you're right. On the Parkliner video that Chandler did, he instructs us to jack from the rear bumper.
Old 08-02-2019, 04:27 AM   #28

Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan View Post
Note : on July 24th,2019 , Xtreme Outdoors,LLC completed the acquisition of assets of Liberty Outdoors,LLC. Warranty claims on trailers sold earlier will be honored. Xtreme Outdoors Corporate 1519 Boettler Rd. Suite A Uniontown, Ohio 44685 Phone 877-545-4897 Just sharing Info.
Thanks. I sent them a pm and asked about plans to re-introduce Parkliner. I figured the odds were slim to none, but I thought I'd ask. Alas, they said they have no such plans.
Old 08-02-2019, 06:54 AM   #29

Name: Tammie
Trailer: ParkLiner
Alabama
Hi All,
Pat is right, there are the details of how a brake light was wired and installed over our rear window, in the thread “Tammie’s ParkLiner Projects” on one of the last pages. (Sorry, don’t know how to provide the link:

We would travel anywhere to a ParkLiner rally! We camped at Fairystone a couple of years ago- beautiful spot, good hiking, and we found a nice fairy stone just outside the park. It’s a 6-sided staurolite crystal in the shape of a cross. Huck, we didn’t know you were so close by.
I haven’t posted much lately, but we’ve fitted in as many camping trips as possible in between a lotta gotta dos.

Let’s get some ParkLiners together!
Tammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:39 AM   #30

North Carolina
The universal joint is always the problem with the door , you can't enlarge the hole in the shell but so much before causing damage to the shell, Best way is to replace the hinge- only catch is you have to know the right person to get a hinge from.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:40 AM   #31

North Carolina
The problem with the door is usually not the universal joint, but the location of the hinges, especially the top hinge. The way to tell is the bottom left side of the door appears to line up OK, but the top left is way out of alignment. Also, from inside with the door closed, you will probably see a big gap at the bottom and maybe above the door as well.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:40 AM   #32

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmcGee View Post
The universal joint is always the problem with the door , you can't enlarge the hole in the shell but so much before causing damage to the shell, Best way is to replace the hinge- only catch is you have to know the right person to get a hinge from.
What I did was use marine tex to fill in the old hole and then drill a new hole. Actually had to do both top and bottom hinge.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:04 AM   #33
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
I did the top hinge about 3 years ago using the same method Huck describes. The door has been rock solid ever since.
I also replaced the washers with stainless steel ones since I already had the door off.
Btw
We have now had our for almost 5 1/2 years, traveled well over 100k miles, and loved every day of ownership. Parkliners are a good example of what you can do with a great design and a crappy business model.
That said if we knew then what we know now....we would still buy one!
Too bad they have seen their day.
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 11:29 AM   #34

North Carolina
Yes Sid it is sad that Parkliner ended again, and most likely forever. I hurts to know that I put almost 5 years of my life in the great little camper. 1st time around great designer and owner but not to great at running a mfg plant, 2nd owner had his hand in to many baskets and was dead set on mass production so came the 3rd company with not 1 but 4 owners that would not listen to the people building the campers and dipping there hand way to far in the money bag-and wanting more,more,more but never providing the proper means.
So all the guys, all my personal friends and rhe best co-workers in the world got BURNED in the end.

Tags
parkliner