Escape Insulation Package vs Bigfoot 4-Seasons Insulation - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-08-2019, 07:38 AM   #41

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet View Post
I have a 92 Bigfoot 17G that I am trying to upgrade the insulation in. I have foamed in insulation where I could but the underside is my weakest link. The fiberglass bottom is exposed and I wanted suggestion as to what is the best insulation material to reduce my heat loss through the floor. Suggestions?
Your heat loss through the floor is probably not real bad, the biggest problem is that it is so darn cold when the temps are low.

I opted out of the spray foam option for a couple reasons, wanting to do work under the trailer, cost (though this was not a big deal), and I don't care for the looks. I have since found that just using a mat on the floor makes a world of difference.

What I do plan to do when I have the time (and who knows when that will ever be) is to adhere 2" rigid to the shell where it is open, leaving a bit of a gap around the edge and protrusions and fill this in with a good spray foam.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 07:13 AM   #42

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
We live in Texas so most of our camping in done in the south and if we want cooler weather we go north in the summer months, so for us a well insulated trailer is probably not so much our first choice in trailers. Now I can see where those who camp in the north year around would be very interested in an all weather trailer and would probably be one of there first requirements in purchasing the correct trailer for them. We have a Casita at this time and are looking forward to a larger fiberglass trailer which we have on order at this time and set to pickup in July. One hint is that it is an all weather trailer, is it the Escape, Bigfoot, or the Oliver? Any of these trailers would work well for us as they would for most campers in all weather conditions, but since we could only pick one, we went with the _.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:37 PM   #43

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
We live in Texas so most of our camping in done in the south and if we want cooler weather we go north in the summer months, so for us a well insulated trailer is probably not so much our first choice in trailers. Now I can see where those who camp in the north year around would be very interested in an all weather trailer and would probably be one of there first requirements in purchasing the correct trailer for them. We have a Casita at this time and are looking forward to a larger fiberglass trailer which we have on order at this time and set to pickup in July. One hint is that it is an all weather trailer, is it the Escape, Bigfoot, or the Oliver? Any of these trailers would work well for us as they would for most campers in all weather conditions, but since we could only pick one, we went with the _.

trainman

I know which one you picked and...
Attached Thumbnails
you-have-chosen-5bfd6e.jpg  
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:02 AM   #44

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Having read your posts over time, I'll say you chose the Oprah.

Tags
bigfoot, escape