Uhaul CT13 stove cover replacement - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2018, 12:44 PM   #1

Name: Joe
Trailer: Uhaul CT13
California
Uhaul CT13 stove cover replacement

Hi Everyone! I just bought a CT13 and am hoping to replace the cover on the stove as it is rusted and pitted very badly.

I'm aware that I may just have to replace the whole thing or have the cover reconditioned. Before I go to that trouble of any of that do any of you know where I might be able to find a new replacement cover for the stove?

Thanks!
Josephyorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:44 PM   #2

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
Don’t believe they came with a cover originally. Assuming you are talking about something that covers the whole stove and not the grates on top of the actual burners.
mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 05:48 PM   #3

Name: Joe
Trailer: Uhaul CT13
California
I don’t know what to call it. I guess it’s not a cover. It’s just the removable top of the stove that the burner grates sit on top of.
Josephyorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 06:34 PM   #4

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josephyorty View Post
I don’t know what to call it. I guess it’s not a cover. It’s just the removable top of the stove that the burner grates sit on top of.
Welcome to FGRV Joe. Might want to add a pic to help us help you out .
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 06:39 PM   #5

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
That is the stove itself,but they typically don’t easily come off. Should be some clips that hold it to the fiberglass top. In any event there are replacement options that range from $25-200. Cheaper is RV surplus stores to fancy European options that actually have a cover and are recessed to give a smooth top.
mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:00 PM   #6

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I removed our stove a few years ago and discarded it, but as I recall the top piece comes off by removing a couple screws and the bottom pan and burners stays. There may have been more screws that held the bottom in place and the gas line. Other than replacing the whole unit, you may be able to refinish the top piece. High temperature paint or have it powder coated. The Uhauls sometimes had rain blow in through the hood vent and dripping on the stove, resulting in the stove rusting. Like Michael says, replacement stoves are available that are similar to the original. Some CT owners have replaced with a stove that has a glass lid that sets flush with the countertop when closed.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 06:24 AM   #7

Name: Gary
Trailer: UHaul CT13
Iowa
Joe,
If your stove's "pan" is really rusty, to where it would be very hard to clean up, I have the whole stove that I removed from our CT13, in a box on a shelf in the shop. [fairly certain it's still there]
It was "fairly good", as I recall. Not perhaps restore-able to as-new condition, but solid and not deeply pitted. If you wanted the whole thing, you'd have burner & knob spares as well.
It would all do with some cleaning up, but it worked, apparently, for the previous owners.
Some pics below, from when I removed it in summer of '17........
Attached Thumbnails
17-0615 Old Stove Out 01a.jpg   17-0615 Old Stove Out 01b.jpg  

Old 12-01-2018, 07:13 PM   #8

Name: nikki
Trailer: Internet shopping
New Mexico
You might be able to find a good looking cutting board to put over it. Just screw non-skid feet under each corner, and you have a multi-tasker cooktop.
nikkijolene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 07:41 PM   #9

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Epicurean makes dozens of size and style of light-weight cutting boards. I use the at home and in the trailer.
https://www.epicureancs.com/

Tags
uhaul