Bigfoot Dealer Question - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-22-2019, 01:28 AM   #21

Name: Jon
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
British Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninklink View Post
All you American cousins forget that Canada lies to the north of you and British Columbia is where Bigfoots are made. How would you like a 35% discount on your US dollar? Actually today its 34%. A great family run Bigfoot dealer is in Abbotsford BC across the border with Sumas WA and just north of Bellingham. there are cheap $59 Allegiant and Alaska Air flights into Bellingham and rent a car and drive 45 minutes north to visit them if you don’t feel like driving from your home. Or call Rod and mark thiessen at Get-a-way RV or check out their website. Of course you will need to check with Homeland Security and find out the importing rules but those guys know how to do it and will help you set the trailer up including hitches. They’ve got Bigfoots on the lot. Tell them Tony Stojan sent you.

This American cousin is currently in discussions with Gerald at Get-a-Way to purchase a 21RB.. He is waiting on me to get a free weekend to go up and check it out. Can I get a better price if I drop your name Tony?
JonRaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 02:41 AM   #22

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
Thanks Tony. I hope everyone reads your post and follows your advice.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 05:13 PM   #23

Name: Cheryl
Trailer: Looking While I Continue to Work
North Carolina
So happy for you Rzrbrn, especially given the beginning of your transaction.
I trust smooth sailing lies in front of you.
Please keep us posted.
CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 11:48 AM   #24

Name: Karen
Trailer: Big Foot
Michigan
Hi Daniel. I thought I would check in and see how your Bigfoot search is going?
Karen in CO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 05:05 PM   #25

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi Karen in CO.

We just ordered a new 2020 Bigfoot 25RQ.

We ended up ordering from Southland RV in Georgia...
...they are the closest to us. They went a long way to work with us on specifics of the deal.
Daniel W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 05:08 PM   #26

Michigan
That is super news and congratulations. I totally understand going local!! Did they give you an ETA ?
Old 02-28-2019, 05:37 PM   #27

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Karen...
...looks like currently approx 5 month lead time.
Daniel W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 06:09 PM   #28

Michigan
Well the good thing about waiting 5 months is you will still have some good camping weather left where you live. :-)
Old 03-08-2019, 03:05 PM   #29

Name: Mickey
Trailer: 18EC W&P Toy Hauler
Oklahoma
I priced them all and Denver had the best prices if they have what you want! I was going to get one there in two weeks but suddenly ran on to a 2016 at a real good price. Purchased it last Saturday and we love it!

Good luck!
MnP
Old 03-08-2019, 03:43 PM   #30

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Thanks to all of you for the great information and reviews
Since it’s winter here we have the time to make some choices and dream about which direction we wish to go . We are more concerned with build quality and reliability then price and your posts are encouraging.

Best Wishes
Steve D
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:32 PM   #31

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2019 Bigfoot 25 foot rear twin
Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel W View Post
Bob in Maine...

Sounds like you drove from South AL to Denver to purchase your Bigfoot.
I might make a similar trip. I have a couple of questions for you:

1)
Please let me know how many days you allotted to the trip to Denver, how many days you planned for the stay in Denver, and how many days you took for the drive back to South AL. Also, please let me know what cities that you took overnight rest stops in to break up the out-and-back.

2)
Please let me know where you had your toilet warranty work done since you purchased your new BF in Denver.

Thanks!
Sorry only now saw your question. Three days out, one day at Trailer World, three days back, overnite first nite at KOA approx 30 minutes east of Denver, after that, Walmarts. Sorry don't remember locations. Had toilet worked on in Jacksonville, FL by authorized Thetford Repair Shop but could have done it myself and should have, not worth the time and hassle to drive to the shop and back to campground. Thetford had left one nut off one side of the toilet seat cover and lid where it connects to the toilet and toilet had to be removed to be able to install another nut. Later found water on floor of toilet and had to replace a valve. Did it myself. Repaired antenna cable connection to antenna myself and wiring behind plate behind TV myself. Next time I would take TV with me to dealer to allow checking this as part of PDI.
Old 05-09-2019, 08:42 PM   #32

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2019 Bigfoot 25 foot rear twin
Maine
Karen,
Have you taken delivery of your Bigfoot yet? If not I have some suggestions for you based on our experience.
Bob
Old 05-16-2019, 09:33 PM   #33

Name: Bueno
Trailer: 2020 Bigfoot 25RQ
California
I haven’t taken delivery yet, but Apache camping out of Portland Oregon has treated me very well thus far.

25RQ on the way!
Bueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 02:26 AM   #34

Tennessee
We were traveling a couple of years ago and stopped at Apache to see the BF. They had a 25' on the floor but would not let us in because it had been prepped for the new owner. It appeared to be an order only type of dealership, their location is small and cramped; they did not have any 25's on the lot. I recall they had one 17'. We live in TN so buying from them was not of interest to us, but they seemed like good people.
Old 05-17-2019, 09:16 AM   #35

Name: Bueno
Trailer: 2020 Bigfoot 25RQ
California
Thanks for the info on Apache. We have one on order through them now. Although the dealer in California (SCATT) had two 25’s in stock, they were unwilling to deal or be reasonable. The wanted almost $10K more than I am paying Apache for the exact same unit, so it’s worth the wait and drive to Oregon for me. Maybe they think folks out here have an unlimited amount of money, like our current Governor. I would avoid SCATT like the plague.
Bueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:41 AM   #36

Tennessee
The Dealership in Atlanta, GA sells Airstream, consequently they are not used to the dicker. They came down less than 5%, plus install of a MicroAir Soft Start. Finance guy was difficult. Not a pleasant experience. Will not go back for service or warranty work.

Tags
bigfoot