Question For Accrete, Thom and Cari's ParkLiner, Anybody - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-20-2020, 02:35 PM   #1

Name: Bruce
Trailer: ParkLiner
North Carolina
Red face Question For Accrete, Thom and Cari's ParkLiner, Anybody

Hello,
I have some questions if anyone is able to help me. I would like to complete this plumbing modification to my 2014 ParkLiner (Mod 15).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-19 at 5.59.36 PM.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	132875

By viewing this attached screenshot, perhaps you could answer my questions #1 thru #10.

You may also refer to:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post380802

Go To: Thom and Cari's Parkliner (page 9 of 25, post #168)

Starting at the top red arrow:

#1 Is this a new drain or the original drain in the SS sink?

#2 What is this piece called that's attached to the sink drain? Size? Can you give a specific description?

#3 I believe this piece is called a "tailpiece". Size?

#4 Tailpiece size ( 1 1/4" -or- 1 1/2")? Is it a 90 degree elbow or an angle other than 90 degrees?

#5 What is this black piece called? How is it attached to the tailpiece and the white elbow?

#6 Is this elbow the one that is included with the HepvO kit?

#7 Is this piece part of the HepvO?

#8 What is this black piece/device? I think I see (2) SS clamps. How does this attach to the HepvO?

#9 Also, how does this piece attach to the white device under it? What is this white device called, and is there a brass fitting at the bottom end of it? If so, what is the brass device? Perhaps it has a barb end for the drain hose (I believe I see a SS hose clamp here.

#10 Did you reroute the hose to that low position? My drain hose comes out up next to the full-extension silverware drawer slide.

I would certainly appreciate any help on the above. And, "thank you" in advance!

Bruce (bluebird)
bluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 11:13 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Name: Outback
Trailer: Outback trillium trailer
Alberta
Ok Thom and Cari, someone kinda messed up a bit, your sink drain should have a pee trap to prevent dust and other outside elements from coming in through the sink drain, the proper one is very simple to install, a kit is available by Camco part # 37420 its a complete drain hook up with a pee trap and water fittings. As the new manufactures of the Parliner Trailers were seeing more of these simple repairs that are easily fixed. There parts are also available from Outback trailers, trilliumtrailers.com
Joe at Outback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 12:25 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Thom hasn't been back online at FiberglassRV for quite a while: Last Activity: 04-20-2018 07:37 AM. Hope someone else can help you.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 12:39 PM   #4

North Carolina
Thumbs up Joe at Outback

Thanks Joe for replying to my post. I believe there is still some confusion. The original sink drain trap installed in these ParkLiners does indeed drain slowly. The official name for it is a “Bottle Trap” and is the same device you mention as Camco # 37420. This HepvO trap I am asking questions about sounds like a good replacement for the originally installed trap. The HepvO seems to have benefits not found with the bottle trap.

I still hope to get answers to my questions. The new HepvO is best if installed vertically, like the one in Thom and Cari’s ParkLiner.
Thanks again, Bruce (bluebird)
Old 01-21-2020, 12:57 PM   #5

Name: Lee
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Registry
All those tie wraps looks like something out of the Rube Goldberg instruction manual.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:43 AM   #6
Commercial Member

Name: Outback
Trailer: Outback trillium trailer
Alberta
pee trap

Its best to install vertical, as there is a lesser chance of it plugging up wth sink debris.
Joe at Outback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 08:22 PM   #7

Trailer: U-Haul 13 ft ('Lil Eggo')
Hepvo

First - I do not have a Parkliner but am very familiar with plumbing- it looks like the drain is probably the original - the first white piece is a tailpiece and it simply goes into ANOTHER black extension to get it over to the wall - not sure why he switched to black but you should be able to find all these in white. It looks like the original Hepvo and parts attached to this. It then looks like the small black part near the bottom is a rubber no-hub coupling with 2 clamps that is attached to an adapter .... probably 1 1/4” x 1” or 1 1/2” x 1” (whatever the size is of the Hepvo and the small pipe that goes out. By the way, the Hepvo comes in both 1 1/2” and 1 1/4” sizes - both are standard sink drain sizes - you can measure it to see which size you have.
Honestly - I would print out the original picture of this, and also take a photo of your existing sink drain in your camper - then measure from the center of the sink drain over to the wall where you want it to go down. Take BOTH PICTURES, YOUR MEASUREMENT, and the HEPVO WITH ALL ATTACHMENTS (just unscrew it from the metal drain on the bottom of the sink and also from the drain that goes outside) and take ALL of these into a big box Home center or hardware store and ask them what you need to do it. They can just lay it out on the floor for you with all the extra parts you need. I feel like you can eliminate the black pipe and fittings and just go with a long white tailpiece, an adapter, the 90 deg. ell, Hepvo and then some kind of reducer to get down to the pipe size you need to go out. You should not need the black no hub coupling. ALSO - reducing the drain down to a much smaller drain line may cause stoppages where it’s reduced - you will need to be very careful about putting waste more than water down the drain. Moving the Hepvo over like this makes sense, space wise, however - this particular diagram makes it harder than it should be. Hope this helps - I’m an ex plumber and this is what I do when I want to make a change - ALL of these parts are cheap and available in any home store.
Sharon W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 08:28 PM   #8

BTW, is the small gray pipe on the bottom standard in the camper or has it been replaced in the change? Does the drain just go outside or does it go into a grey tank, etc..?
Old 01-29-2020, 09:59 PM   #9

North Carolina
The “small gray pipe” you refer to is actually a flexible braided 3/4” ID tubing. It is original as installed by the manufacturer and leads to the gray tank connection.
Thank you so much for your response and information. I really appreciate your detail and will pursue your suggestions.
Old 01-31-2020, 05:43 PM   #10

Thumbs up

Yep, figured the flex pipe was about that size - he probably used a pvc adapter to reduce from Hepvo 1 1/4” down to 3/4”. You can then use a 3/4” female x brass hose insert fitting that would fit inside of the gray flex and just clamp it. Lots of ways to get there.
These HepvO fittings are really made to be vertical - no wonder it drains slowly. Not sure why they didn’t run it over to the wall from the factory... cost to do so would have been negligible and owners would have been MUCH happier. Personally, I wouldn’t have used HepvO - it has a “bladder” that is prone to failure with time - lots of other, better options. Good luck at the store - if you get someone that doesn’t understand what you’re trying to do, ask for someone that knows about plumbing - he will understand and fix you up.

Tags
parkliner