1979 Beachcomber TM15 Cabinet Question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2020, 03:50 PM   #1

Name: Dylan
Trailer: Beachcomber
Nova Scotia
1979 Beachcomber TM15 Cabinet Question

Quick question, we are considering taking out the cabinets above the dining table/bed in our 1979 Beachcomber TM15. Wondering if anyone has experience with this? Is there any structural aspect to these staying in place?

Since there's no structural components between these cabinets and the floor it leads to me to believe they are fine to go. We would like to put in a wooden ceiling and want to open up the camper a bit.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6833.jpg  
Djsullivan52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 11:47 PM   #2

Name: Teresa
Trailer: Beachcomber
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djsullivan52 View Post
Quick question, we are considering taking out the cabinets above the dining table/bed in our 1979 Beachcomber TM15. Wondering if anyone has experience with this? Is there any structural aspect to these staying in place?

Since there's no structural components between these cabinets and the floor it leads to me to believe they are fine to go. We would like to put in a wooden ceiling and want to open up the camper a bit.

Hello! Not sure how old this post was - just great to see another beachcomber TM ‘79!
I have gutted mine except for the upper cabinets and bunks - but I will be taking them out and supporting the roof as I’ve seen others do.
I also took out the bathroom area wall. My roof was in good shape - didn’t see any sagging until I towed it 350 miles after gutting. So upper cabinets are still in and I see a bit of sag so will be taking them out
Teresa in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachcomber