Window seals for Ventura jalousie windows - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2017, 02:41 PM   #1

Name: Patricia
Trailer: 1975 Ventura
Ontario
Window seals for Ventura jalousie windows

Now that the snowbanks are starting to melt around my trailer, I am itching to get back at my reno.
I have the windows out and am trying to replace the seals. I ordered samples from VT but none of those seem to be an exact match for the old ones. The VTS-2019 fits put the tail is about a mm shorter and much thinner. The VTS-526 is a better thickness but the tail is much shorter and the j is more pronounced.
Has anyone found an exact match? Would the thinness of the 2019 matter to the sealing ability? I assume they would wear out faster.
Also has anyone found the exact window crank. VT has been out of the right side ones for a long time.
I hope that Ventura owners are still following the forums. Most of us seem to live in Western Canada where spring is still a way off.
Patricia D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jalousie windows, ventura, windows