Big Foot Purchase - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2018, 12:11 PM   #21

Name: Aldrene
Trailer: Big Foot
California
Towing a Bigfoot 21

Going from an escape 21 to a Bigfoot 21 may require a larger tow vehicle. We have a 2017 Bigfoot 21 and tow it with a ford Ecoboost v6 365hp. The Bigfoot 21 is a heavy trailer and weighs at least 500 pounds more than an escape 21. The truck has more than enough power for towing. There have been some issues with the brakes over heating especially in mountain passes even with the brake controller properly adjusted. We have replaced the brake rotors twice. Towing the Bigfoot 21 down the freeway at 60mph with a half ton pickup is not as stable as I would like and we have owned 12 different travel trailers, so we know what a trailer should do at freeway speeds(we have air bags installed for correct hitch towing height). Long story short: don't under estimate size of tow vehicle for towing a Bigfoot 21. We recently bought a f250 3/4 ton to tow our Bigfoot 21.

Ron
Aldrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:18 PM   #22

Name: Adam
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberdoodle View Post
Hi - I'm seriously thinking of going from owning an Escape 19' to a Big Foot 21' or 25'. Has anyone heard anything negative about the newer Big Foot trailers. I'm having trouble finding any reviews. Thanx. PM me if you wish.
I’m thinking of selling my 2006 Bigfoot 21’ in excellent condition. Seriously, almost new.

Dual battery
Solar
Dual propane tanks
New awning
Electric jack
AC
Heater
Sky light
Radio/speaker/TV

Adamcray@hotmail.com if interested.
araytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 03:32 PM   #23

Name: K
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldrene View Post
Going from an escape 21 to a Bigfoot 21 may require a larger tow vehicle. We have a 2017 Bigfoot 21 and tow it with a ford Ecoboost v6 365hp. The Bigfoot 21 is a heavy trailer and weighs at least 500 pounds more than an escape 21. The truck has more than enough power for towing. There have been some issues with the brakes over heating especially in mountain passes even with the brake controller properly adjusted. We have replaced the brake rotors twice. Towing the Bigfoot 21 down the freeway at 60mph with a half ton pickup is not as stable as I would like and we have owned 12 different travel trailers, so we know what a trailer should do at freeway speeds(we have air bags installed for correct hitch towing height). Long story short: don't under estimate size of tow vehicle for towing a Bigfoot 21. We recently bought a f250 3/4 ton to tow our Bigfoot 21.

Ron
Ron,
Great input! We haven't had our trailer very long, so when our brakes overheated the first time towing, we assumed we had the controller incorrectly set and dialed it back. I am concerned about your comment that you have had issues with brakes overheating. Have any other BF owners had this problem?
KBand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 06:04 PM   #24

Name: Aldrene
Trailer: Big Foot
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberdoodle View Post
Hi - I'm seriously thinking of going from owning an Escape 19' to a Big Foot 21' or 25'. Has anyone heard anything negative about the newer Big Foot trailers. I'm having trouble finding any reviews. Thanx. PM me if you wish.
Bigfoot travel trailers are made extremely well and will last many years if you keep the gel coat waxed. Just remember, you will need a bigger tow vehicle since a Bigfoot 21 will weigh about 5000 lbs when loaded with water, propane, gear, and supplies. A half ton pickup will be just barely up to the task. The main issues are with tow vehicle brakes and the suspension stability at freeway speeds. Dealers have a tendency to overrate what a half ton pickup really can safely tow because of their lack of actual towing experience .

Ron
Aldrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 12:35 AM   #25

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Deluxe B19 19 ft / 2007 Nissan Frontier V6 NISMO 4x4
Hi Jane P,

I saw that you have a 1992 Bigfoot B19 and are thinking of upgrading to a 21. I would be really interested to see photos of your 19, because I have a 1988 B19 and love it, but have always wondered what the later model ones look like.

I am still renovating mine, but it's getting there. How do you like yours? BTW, I tried PMing you, but got a message that your Inbox is full. Hope you'll post some photos of your rig!
V'sGlassSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:10 AM   #26
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Bigfoot 2001 21 ft. true weight--

From trailer weights in the real world I thought I would share the certified weight of our Bigfoot trailer... a 21 ft. rear bed- 2001 model with no water, black and gray tanks empty, and 2 full propane tanks moderately loaded for camping weighed in at 6,300 pounds weighed on certified calibrated scales. We towed with a Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Max 2007 with no problems.

Deb
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:38 AM   #27

Name: Zac & Cathy
Trailer: Burro & 2006 21ft. BigFoot
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Chuck View Post
From trailer weights in the real world I thought I would share the certified weight of our Bigfoot trailer... a 21 ft. rear bed- 2001 model with no water, black and gray tanks empty, and 2 full propane tanks moderately loaded for camping weighed in at 6,300 pounds weighed on certified calibrated scales. We towed with a Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Max 2007 with no problems.

Deb
Thank you so much for that information! We recently purchased a 2006 and we were wondering what the weight would be.
Avey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 08:49 PM   #28

Name: Katheryn
Trailer: In the market
Nevada
Hi Jane:
I sent you a private message but have been notified that your "PM" mailbox is full.
I would like to know if you have made a decision about putting your BF-19 up for sale.
Kazmar Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:22 AM   #29

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
We live in Texas and have not found a Bigfoot dealer here, but did find three in the Colorado area. Will I expect to get any discounts from these dealers, is it worth shopping dealers, or just pay there price as this pretty much how it goes. We meet a couple last week with a new Bigfoot and they said they got the best price in Colorado after shopping other dealers. I will see these people again in two weeks at the next fiberglass trailer meet, but I wouldn't want to ask what they paid for it, but would ask if they discounted the trailer, hopefully they might volunteer that information. As most fiberglass trailers sell for list price new and purchased at the factory, I was just wondering as Bigfoot has U.S. dealers if any discount were out there.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 03:07 PM   #30

Name: Katheryn
Trailer: In the market
Nevada
Hi JP:
I did get your PM. When I tried to respond with my e-mail address, it wasn't excepted as your "PM" folder is full.
☹️
Katheryn
Kazmar Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot