tongue jack for 17wb Burro - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2018, 09:01 AM   #1

Name: Greg
Trailer: BURRO
Massachusetts
tongue jack for 17wb Burro

Need to replace my Atwood Tongue Jack. It attaches to a welded plate with a snap ring. It also swings up while towing. It has a U pin so it spring locks it with 2 pins. This thing only had a 500 lb capacity. Anyone know where I can get a replacement. I need to use that same welded on plate. I took it apart and replaced a broken spring pin at the gear, only to find the pin broke because the wheel lowering mechanism was jammed.

Anyone know a solution
Greg in Mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:40 AM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Same style jack as on our Uhaul. We have a replacement from Tractor Supply that is mounted on the original stub that is welded to the tongue. Harbor Freight, Northern Tool, and etrailer.com would be other sources. If you buy locally, measure the stub on the tongue before you go.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 10:56 AM   #3

Massachusetts
tongue jack

Thanks there is a harbor freight nearby I will check them
Old 08-19-2018, 07:40 AM   #4

Massachusetts
tongue jack follow up

The Harbor Freight looked great so I bought it. A couple days later put it on and it only would go to the groove for the snap ring, ugh! Bought one at Lowe's. It was a Reese about 12 dollars more fit perfect on the stub BUT, The pin was bigger and it had this weird slant that place the wheel under the A. Had the bright idea of using the double pin from HF jack on the Reese jack. That plan didn't work out ideally as the Reese jack had a larger hole. Had to go to the brother who welds. He found the time to help me. We cut off the original bracket and welded it on the Reese jack. Painting it up now so the welds don't rust. Now I feel safe when I am cranking it up. Thanks Bob for putting me on the path to local buying. Some things are best in your hands.

Tags
burro