Interesting evening with the Little Joe Rep - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2007, 07:32 PM   #21

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
The front end of the trailer is all dinette/bed. The bed looks to be bigger than a queen, but I am so used to a double bed that anything bigger is a king size to me

The back seat is wide enough that it would make a comfortable single, or you could sleep two front to back on the side cushions as singles.

This arrangement is my personal hesitation. It effectively eliminates any "living area" and makes it almost impossible to have a full time bed and still have any moving space.

It could be done, looking at how the benches are installed, the one by the fridge could easily be removed and you would have an L gaucho, much like a BF 17.

The table is also bulky and even I had a hard time slipping in behind it. It is a clever drop design, but it has a steel frame and can go outside. I would personally just take it out to give more living space.

OK, the bathroom.. how CUTE and functional.

It's a small wet bath, but they have also thought out storage and the med cab and bulk storage are "just right" in size. The sink is small. The 08 models come with a fixed toilet and a small black tank. Looked like about 10 gals to me. There is a recessed towl holder and all kinds of small cubby spaces for personal articles.

The bathroom is the strongest selling point to me. The tanks are small enough for me to handle and tug with the Jeep.

The concept of using the corner instead of the full width appeals to me. Seams to give more room than I have seen in 13 ft Scamps and Casitas with a front bath. It's just enough to get the job done.
Attached Thumbnails
icamp3.jpg  
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 07:51 PM   #22

Registry
The Kitchen

Click image for larger version

Name:	icamp2.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	6225

Atwood 2 burner stove with cover. The fridge is behind, on the side and is a 3 way Dometic.

Under the stove is a huge cupboard, with 4 deep shelves, and under the sink there are 3 smaller ones.

I wish they would have put the fridge under the stove, as the fridge takes up a lot of floor space on it's own. But on top, you could put a microwave, TV, small child.. what have you. It's a large counter space.

The fit and finish on this trailer are highly detailed and are just about airstream quality. The drawers have hig tech mechanisms and slide like butter, all doors fit snugly and latch smoothly and have a hefty feel to them.

Outside, there are 4 stablizers and all the usual stuff you would expect for infrastructure. There is a sliding step as well as lighting.

The interior lighting is all halogen puck lights. Subarban furnace, 6 gal hot water heater and the usual fresh and grey holding arrangements.

The floors is a vinyl wood pattern, with a diamond plate step in.

With all the storage, including space under the benches, one would not need to carry tubs, you could pretty much pull over and step in without any interior rearranging. I am not sure I have enough stuff to fill all the storage areas.

At 14ft, I could still store it at home too.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:42 PM   #23

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
I did not make thier website, and I bet that lil ole me has no influence on what they put on it or how.
I just meant to suggest passing on a suggestion for the Weis Craft people... sorry if there was some misunderstanding!

I think customers do have an influence on what is posted on web sites. If we don't ask, they are just guessing at what we might want.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 08:53 PM   #24

Thanks for the photos and info, Gina!
Old 01-27-2007, 11:58 PM   #25

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Gina,
Sorry you missed the Oregon Bigfoot . Would the iCamp be that much of an improvement over your Burro?
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 06:51 AM   #26

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
hummm the iCamp is interesting. I too like having a permanent table. It's not so bad when the weather is good, but when forced to be inside it's nice to have a place to sit and eat/read, etc.

The thing I don't like about the iCamp is the galley. Looks like an afterthought. Getting counter space in a small trailer is tricky at best, but this galley doesn't even look like there's room for a counter extension? Or a board of some sort over the silverware drawer...if there is even one. That would making fixing meals pretty tough. I suppose one could carry stuff to the table (pots etc), but what do you do when the bed is made up???

I like the corner bath...reminds me of the BigFoot "G" model. If that's one of the features you really like Gina....you should probably be looking for a 17.5 "G" model BigFoot. That would give you a large permanent bed and front eating area. The downside is the size and weight...you know that tho.

Whatever you decide, I know it will be the best decision for YOU.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 12:38 PM   #27

Registry
Donna, no, the gallery has very little counter space. The cabinet the fridge is on is wide open for that tho. And yes, the comparison to the BF 17 is one I made right away.

Kurt, after I slept on it, I have decided NOT to get it. In reality, you hit the nail on the head, which is why I wanted to sit back and think. It is not that much more advantagious than the Burro.

What I would be trading off in ammenities and convinience, I lose in space. I had to comapare what it would be like to "live" in it for long periods of time, and fussing with the bed is not a good trade off for me.

Advantages of the iCamp:

Bath
New appliances
better storage
it's home storable
easy to manage and tow
well made

The disadvantages

Payments
loss of living space
expensive for it's size
Not molded

As mentioned, the space trade offs are the bigest thing. I am not fond of another bill at the end of the month either, tho it wouldn't be a huge one.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:05 PM   #28

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Quote:
Camper Outlet <blockquote>Little Joe (at Camper Outlet) - this one has [b]actual dimensions! </blockquote>
The "Finnegan's Familyvan" and "Affordable Truck & RV" sites have no evidence of this trailer.
I'll bet the axle manufacturers cringe when people call rubber-sprung torsion axle systems "rubber band" suspension! But thanks for the info.
I can't even find the Little Joe on the Camper Outlet site, much less dimensions. How did you find it?
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:41 PM   #29

Quote:
I can't even find the Little Joe on the Camper Outlet site, much less dimensions. How did you find it?
The link for the Little Joe page within the Camper Outlet site did work when I posted it, but it doesn't now. Obviously, I should have saved the web page... but I don't think I did.

I think it was one of the "Featured Lines", but I'm not sure, and it isn't now.

No one seems very interested in selling this trailer.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:52 PM   #30

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
Never mind; I found it in a for sale ad, it is 7' 4" or maybe 7'3" but too tall for me.

Bobbie
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:48 PM   #31

Trailer: 1985 Scamp 16 ft
What an interesting season for new camper designs! I've read about at least three of them here tonight. The photos of the iCamp interiors are very appealing -- colorful, modern and retro at the same time. Makes me think that the traditional manufacturers, Casita and Scamp, are holding on to their old ways a little too stubbornly. For one thing, how many of us really think a full-sized bed is big enough for two middle-aged adults? At least Scamp has raised the roof on its 13s. Each of these new designs seems to be promoting increased headroom. As the owner of a 20-year-old Scamp, I'm proud that it looks just like the new ones, more or less. If I were shopping for a new trailer, I might feel differently.

That said, I wouldn't consider the iCamp under any circumstances. I believe we've shipped too much of our manufacturing base over to China. I won't be surrporting that with any big-ticket purchases, like cars or trailers. It may be hard to find small, disposable consumer goods made in the Western Hemisphere, but we still have good, proven choices from US and Canadian makers who stand behind their work.
John Mc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
little joe