Oxygen shore power cord modification - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2015, 10:12 AM   #1

Name: Rob
Trailer: Bonair
Nova Scotia
Oxygen shore power cord modification

I’m not sure if this a common problem but after pulling the power converter to do some wiring mods I noticed my power cord appeared to be running the risk of entanglement with the wiring harness and possibly causing damage. The space is limited and in cold weather makes the situation worse as the cord loses most of its flex. Thought about replacing the cord with something lighter or shorter but ended up installing an outside inlet and carrying the power cord in my van. Hopefully makes the setup easier as well as eliminating a wiring problem which for me would take days find.
Attached Thumbnails
cord2.JPG   cord3.JPG  

cord1.JPG  
Vann in NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:43 AM   #2

Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
The blue thing under the trailer is the female side? I had not seen one like that before, and it gives me an idea. Thanks!
Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:52 AM   #3

Name: Rob
Trailer: Bonair
Nova Scotia
Yes..what you see is the weatherproof cover. my original thought was to just use the old location but with the lower location the cord lays on the ground next to the trailer hence less chance of tripping..
Vann in NS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oxygen