Happier Camper HC1 Heads to Bodega Bay - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Camping, Campout Reports
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-02-2016, 12:39 PM   #21

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbybe View Post
OK, Twice now I turned the vehicle computer on to calculate average mileage while towing. On the flats I was getting from 18.6 to about 20.6, depending on the day I did it. I have done this twice now and just as I suspected, I started obsessing about my mileage. I could not keep my eyes off of the readout and started drafting big rigs, modifying speed, etc. to try to get the number up. No more of that. I now leave the average mileage readout off and life is much calmer. Even in my retirement I obsess about things. I am an Architect, it is a curse. Now, when the tank is empty I stop for gas.

Don
Sacramento
Hi: Dbybe... Used to obsess too!!! My son say's I have OCD. In my world "Trailer towing" and "MPG's" should never appear in the same paragraph!!! When the tank is empty you need gas.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 04:56 PM   #22

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: Dbybe... Used to obsess too!!! My son say's I have OCD. In my world "Trailer towing" and "MPG's" should never appear in the same paragraph!!! When the tank is empty you need gas.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 08:33 AM   #23

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I like your layout. What's the width of the bed in front? I do wish the door was further back on the trailer as it seems odd to have the front bed in front of the door.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 08:51 AM   #24

Name: Donald
Trailer: Happier Camper HC1 (Subaru Outback Stranded Me)now towing with RAM 1500 Ecodiesel Major overkill.
California
Front Bed Width

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Mayer View Post
I like your layout. What's the width of the bed in front? I do wish the door was further back on the trailer as it seems odd to have the front bed in front of the door.
The front bed is one box wide (20") plus the width of the fixed ledge across the front which is a about 10". This makes a good size for one person. It curves in at the front corners a little but is similar to a Twin width.

The door is not really a problem as the bed is about 6' long. With the 3 x 5 grid of 20" boxes, the door would interfere with the next grid if it is moved towards the rear. Everything is a tradeoff though, but so far we like the layout.
Old 06-15-2016, 10:43 AM   #25

Name: Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Illinois
How does the water hook up ? Have you weighted it yet ?
Jimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 10:59 AM   #26

Name: Donald
Trailer: Happier Camper HC1 (Subaru Outback Stranded Me)now towing with RAM 1500 Ecodiesel Major overkill.
California
There is a 5 gallon tank in the sink box, with a fill valve on the back side of the box. (Does not go through the side of the trailer so the box can move around). The water is pressurized by a 12 volt pump. There are two ways to fill it. You can use a food grade hose with a flexible shut off wand. This needs to be brought through the door and into the trailer. The second option is we use a long necked funnel and fill the tank with water jugs. (Camp ground water or purchased if the local water tastes bad). This all sounds more cumbersome than it is. You have to realize we come from tent camping and this all seems so lux to us. Using the jugs is so quick and easy I hardly ever use the hose. Our water usage is pretty low so we only have to add water after 4-5 days. The drain from the sink goes to a threaded outlet in the side of the trailer. We attach this to a portable Barker 5 gallon gray water tank.

Don
Sacramento

Tags
happier camper, hc1