Relic Trailers - Custom fiberglass AWSOME - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2015, 11:07 PM   #21

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Facebook for Relic Customer Trailers

Twitter Relic Trailers (@Relictrailers)
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 12:20 PM   #22

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Registry
Want, want, want, want!
Sue and Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 09:47 PM   #23

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
It's incredible how fast this went from dusty parts and forms found in an old factory being purchased off the web (isn't that right?) to a fully (and nicely!) detailed prototype on display at a rally. Now that's the way to get a start-up started up! Jayne, can you share with us a little timetable from first coming across the parts and forms to now? I assume this first one is from assembling the pre-made parts purchased in the deal - is that right?. Are you to the point of producing new parts from the forms yet?
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:04 PM   #24

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
The Bellingham Harold Published a story of how it all came to be.

Bellingham Harold : Tacoma woman answers ad, brings travel trailers for the 1960's to life.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:17 PM   #25

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
Love the look and the color! The only thing I am not fond of is the front window, I just see myself driving at 60 mph in the rain and opening the door to a waterfall (I could be wrong)
We had a trailer with a front jalousie window and never got rain in the front. It did have a rock guard but not a water tight device by any means.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:20 PM   #26

Name: Tammie
Trailer: landau
Illinois
Wow, could fall in love.
digigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:38 PM   #27
Commercial Member

Name: Jayne
Trailer: New owner
Washington
Thank you War Eagle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
It's incredible how fast this went from dusty parts and forms found in an old factory being purchased off the web (isn't that right?) to a fully (and nicely!) detailed prototype on display at a rally. Now that's the way to get a start-up started up! Jayne, can you share with us a little timetable from first coming across the parts and forms to now? I assume this first one is from assembling the pre-made parts purchased in the deal - is that right?. Are you to the point of producing new parts from the forms yet?
It did go by fast! Well it's all been since March. The blue and white one was the original yellow one that was most completed. The equipment was in pristine condition, just dusty! How lucky was that! We have produced a completed shell and misc parts from the equipment and everything is ready to go. We brought the blue and white trailer to the Lynden show to get some feedback on the trailers. It was a huge success, lots of interest in them. We have done a couple interviews for local news papers, one on DIY RV and an on radio interview with Pink Flamingo RV Radio. We have put together the most amazing group of people who are all like minded in quality craftsmanship and period correct detailing. It's very exciting.
Jaynebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 01:07 PM   #28

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

very cute. and the blue station wagon + blue tt is well... beyond.

: ) Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 10:57 AM   #29

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Site up
Relic Custom Trailers | Build Your Dream VIntage Trailer
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:37 PM   #30

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
They have a facebook page up so you can keep up on the latest information about Relic trailers.
https://www.facebook.com/Relic-Custo...79995/timeline
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 10:51 AM   #31

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
They have a facebook page up so you can keep up on the latest information about Relic trailers.
https://www.facebook.com/Relic-Custo...79995/timeline
It's amazing that these long-forgotten molds from a generation gone-by were discovered and saved from the scrap heap of time by people with heart and vision. And now these wonderful little "blast from the past" campers are out on the highways and bi-ways making memories for a new generation. Well done! Well done, indeed!
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 12:39 PM   #32

Name: RB
Trailer: 1992 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Virginia
I've always wanted a window or two like that on the Casita...
steelypip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 02:04 PM   #33

I was actually looking for a different manufacturer's unit on the internet when I came across a dealer (Floyd's - Norman, OK) that has looks like 5 new 2016s on his lot. Says he is the only one in the world that has them on his lot. They are SO cute!

Wasn't sure it would be OK to link in the dealer, but they can be found by googling - think "pictures"!

Being in KS, I'm looking for units closer to KS, which is not an easy task. Was not even considering these, but got to see if I can get the specs from the dealer or manufacturer website. I really think if a few were out there circulating that sales would definitely increase. Retro is SO in!

No A/C, one would need to be "creative" or in a nice climate.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:02 PM   #34

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Here's a link to the very first discussion of these when the molds and shells turned up in a Craigslist ad in Michigan.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...grv-68715.html
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:41 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
Here's a link to the very first discussion of these when the molds and shells turned up in a Craigslist ad in Michigan.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...grv-68715.html
Thanks! I read through that also. I had vaguely remembered the molds and threads, and was shocked to see them at a dealer in OK. Each one listed is a little different, appears to be 4 of them rather than 5, I think that is listed.

The only thing is just imaging having one I could hear "Oh, could we please look inside." I would have to have "tidy up time" much more often!
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 04:45 PM   #36

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Amazing, a fiberglass trailer dealer just 3 hours from my home. Never thought I'd see the day!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
relic