Happier Camper to Southern California - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2017, 12:26 PM   #1

Name: Donald
Trailer: Happier Camper HC1 (Subaru Outback Stranded Me)now towing with RAM 1500 Ecodiesel Major overkill.
California
Happier Camper to Southern California

We headed to Southern California to escape the rain in the Sacramento area. Timed it perfect to hit monsoon rains in the area. It is predicted to be over in the next week or so, to clear up and get warmer.

We drove to Orange Grove RV Park near Bakersfield the first day. This is a nice park set in the trees and this time of year the oranges are ripe. They even have picking poles for the campers to use. Yesterday we drove up and over the pass on Highway 58 and it was raining quite hard. Once out in to the high desert though the rain tapered off. Any direction we looked we could see dark clouds and rain, but just not where we were.

Last night and tonight we stay at Green Acres Ranch in Joshua Tree. This is a place that rents a couple of cabins, and we are meeting my daughter and her fiancée here to look over the wedding venue for next Octobers wedding.

Next week we will move to the very upscale Outside RV Resort in Palm Springs, to attend Modernism Week, and then to the KOA in San Diego for about 5 days.

I anticipated 70-80 degrees and sitting around the pool so I hope the weather changes.

I will see if I can add photos from the road.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0305.jpg   IMG_0304.jpg  

Old 02-18-2017, 12:43 PM   #2

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Last time we were camping in California (May 2016), it was bone dry and should have been renamed "The Brown State." Even the vegetation on the dunes next to the beach seemed parched. Arizona, by contrast, was lush and green. You're not complaining, right?

Seriously, I do hope you get a break while you're in San Diego. My wife spent most of January in Oceanside helping a sick relative, and the weather varied from sunny and mild to cold, windy, and wet.

I'll bet that Happier Camper gets attention wherever you go!
Jon in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:19 PM   #3

Trailer: Happier Camper HC1 (Subaru Outback Stranded Me)now towing with RAM 1500 Ecodiesel Major overkill.
California
Last time we were camping in California (May 2016), it was bone dry and should have been renamed "The Brown State." Even the vegetation on the dunes next to the beach seemed parched. Arizona, by contrast, was lush and green. You're not complaining, right?
You know us Californians. After heat, or drought, or extra rainy weather, a day or two and we are complaining about the alternative. I know we need the water, and the green hills were beautiful, but it seems to be from one extreme to the other. We love it out here though, snug in the HC1. We will try and post more photos later in the trip. The best time of the year to travel in California.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:36 PM   #4

California
A few more shots of Green Acres Ranch in Joshua Tree California. The storm is breaking and the sun finally came out for the last half hour or so of the day. You can see some of the eclectic art work around the ranch.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0370.jpg   IMG_0374.jpg  

IMG_0371.jpg   IMG_0378.jpg  

Dbybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 10:26 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Hey Don looks like your having a great time despite the wacky weather. Don't know what weather you left in nor cal but I left balmy Canada "67 degrees today in Windsor to come to 62degree temps in southern Calafornia " but hope things will return to normal for next weekend as we will also be in Palm Springs for the vintage trailer show were we will have a couple of new HC1s there. Hope we will see you there.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 05:25 PM   #6

California
Made it to Palm Springs today from Joshua Tree. We are staying in a very upscale RV Resort. Outside Resort Palm Springs. It is a Good Sam 10/10/10 park so is setting a new standard for us. The sites are each privately owned and the some of them are rented through an agency. Lots of amenities including golf, tennis, 9 pools, spas, cafe, and more. The pic below is out the back of the trailer.

Talk about being a small fish in a big pond though.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0380.jpg  
Old 02-20-2017, 10:33 AM   #7
tua

Name: Traveler
Trailer: Happier Camper
Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbybe View Post
Talk about being a small fish in a big pond though.
"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor" extremely full-service rv parks with more amenities than you can think of "stays" these fibers "from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"!

Happier Camper's goes everywhere!
tua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:08 PM   #8

California
We finished the week in Palm Springs and are now in San Diego. Lots of rain today and predictions of flash floods. Tomorrow on though it should clear up. The Modernism Week tours in PS were great. I have included a few photos. Including Neutra'a Kaufman house. (The same client that commissioned Frank Loyd Wright to do there other house, Falling Water.)I included a photo of our new tow vehicle. It even comes with its own sun deck. Now off to find some place dry to tour.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0401.jpg   IMG_0385.jpg  

IMG_0402.jpg   IMG_0419.jpg  

Tags
happier camper