Happier Camper owners - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-02-2017, 06:44 PM   #1

Name: Mike
Trailer: My Pod and HC1 in 2018
Wisconsin
Happier Camper owners

I'm looking for some feedback from any Happier Camper owners. What are some of the things you like about the camper and what are it's limitations. Are there any items that needed warranty work? How was the company to work with for purchase and delivery etc? Thank you..
micksurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 08:27 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
A good place to check is the happier camper owners Facebook group where you will receive a lot of input.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 10:42 PM   #3
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Surely we also have some Happier Camper owners here who might also respond...
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:19 PM   #4

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
I saw a Happier Camper at an event in California sponsored by Sunset Magazine in May of this year. I was so excited to see the Camper in person as I have been following it's evolution online since the beginning. The videos on their website are modern and appealing, emphasizing the joy of camping in a Happier Camper. The trailer is a quality product. I LOVE the way the back opens like a hatch-back. I like the idea of the versatility. Here's a photo of me in the Happier Camper at the Sunset Magazine event. I'm also excited to hear HC may be opening a "brick and mortar" store near my home in Northern California. Fingers crossed.
Attached Thumbnails
Sunset Weekend May 2017 011.jpg  
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 01:02 PM   #5

Wisconsin
Thanks for the nice picture...great looking group! I appreciate the quality comment as hard to buy one sight unseen. Kudo's to Happier camper for being able drive a solid price based on a design where customers are willing to pay more for less.
Old 11-04-2017, 02:25 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by micksurfer View Post
Thanks for the nice picture...great looking group! I appreciate the quality comment as hard to buy one sight unseen. Kudo's to Happier camper for being able drive a solid price based on a design where customers are willing to pay more for less.
Not sure if the last sentence in your quote was mixed up or if that is what you truly meant but if you have not seen a HC1 in person I can assure you it is not the case. Yes it is a little more than a similar sized unit but you will get double hulled insulated walls,a rear hatch not available on any other fg trailer, large panoramic side window,all fg floor.all sunbrella fabric interior(not cheap) ,folding tounge, large r side entry door with beefed up aircraft style hinges, and a very eye catching style I all in the base model but sorry for that extra cost you will not get any rivets! Yes you can get get all the extras sink,stove fridge ,heater, toilet, ac.solar and almost anything available for this type of trailer for an extra charge just like almost all fg trailer manufacturers.
Old 11-04-2017, 02:57 PM   #7

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
when

mike I love your rigs I am waiting for my ship to come in.

Any day now!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 03:17 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Ontario
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
mike I love your rigs I am waiting for my ship to come in.

Any day now!

bob
Bob judging by your previous posts and how cheap you state you are I think your ship has already come in and your new HC1 is waiting for you.
Old 11-04-2017, 04:03 PM   #9

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I have seen the camper at 2 rallies and met both the father at the rallies and his son at a tech conference where we spoke for a LONG time about fiberglass campers despite it being a tech conference. Both were great guys and the camper is a well-made, unique trailer, with its changeable design and its kind of retro, unique exterior.

CindyL
Old 11-06-2017, 05:08 PM   #10

Name: Ken
Trailer: Happier Camper
Wisconsin
My wife and I purchased our Happier Camper late last summer. Simply, we love it. Campers are a very personal choice that you make based on you preferences, pocket book and desired comforts. We wanted a fiberglass camper and there are many choices. We preferred the HC because of its simplicity and utility. Having the option to change the interior for changing circumstances from trip to trip was a huge plus for me. My wife and I like kayaking and touring. The HC makes an excellent base camp for both of those activities and we nicely configure the interior to accommodate us (she also required A/C and it turns out I'm glad she did). However, when I use it to go on a fishing trip or a bike tour with some buddies, I can change the interior to accommodate my fishing and biking stuff and it becomes my man cave. That rear hatch opening comes in really handy for getting larger toys in and out. I also like that in just a few minutes I can remove the entire interior, hose out the inside for cleaning or just tie down other cargo to the floor mounted D rings. Empty it weighs 1100 lbs and when we tour probably around 1500 lbs, so pulling it with my Subaru Outback and getting close to 20mpg feels pretty good. I really appreciate that we did not have to buy a special tow vehicle to get the job done. The people at Happier Camper have been excellent to work with as far as purchasing and any warranty support we needed afterward. We live in Wisconsin and they arranged for a local RV center to handle the service. Just call us Happier Campers!
kgklem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 05:26 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Ontario
Nothing like pulling up to the pier and fishing right out the back door ,you don’t even have to get out of bed and you can use a cube to hold all the fish you catch.
Old 11-06-2017, 09:30 PM   #12

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
Nothing like pulling up to the pier and fishing right out the back door ,you don’t even have to get out of bed and you can use a cube to hold all the fish you catch.
That sounds a bit fishy to me!

Fishing from inside the trailer would never work for me, I need more space to cast... so I can get my line to drape over some tree branch or other...
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:15 PM   #13

Wisconsin
Thanks all for providing the comments. The pay more for less comment was intended as a positive one. From what I can tell, The HC1 has about 1,000lbs less of stuff that I don't personally desire to own. The design is so efficient that drives a strong price in my opinion. The HC1 seems to do the comon in an uncommon way. I sent in a down payment using the recent Detroit Five offer.

kgklem - How many miles are you from the Kohler/Sheboygan area?
Old 11-16-2017, 03:12 PM   #14

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
my opinion

I spent my life in sales it was always difficult to sell and make a profit at the same time! People on major purchases really watch their hard earned money and I don't blame them one bit!

This company has made some innovations and done some exclusive things that other companies don't do or cannot do with that Happier Camper is able to keep their profits up.

I for one think they have a done a great job with their camper and if they can keep their sales up will do a fine job in a very competitive businesss. It may be best if they continue just the way they are and stay small and last like the other f/g outfits have in the past!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
happier camper