NH 2007 EggCamper w/Solar & Propane $15,000 - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2014, 10:55 AM   #21

Name: Paige
Trailer: shopping
Georgia
Thanks for the reply Ron. I've read that a single large panel is much more efficient, and I couldn't maneuver one up there by myself, so it might as well be fixed.

Mark..funny you should mention Lil Snoozy. I popped in here a few weeks ago and was reading about them because there was a super nice one for sale. I got some great advice and info on size and towing. I don't need extra height, but i am a bit claustrophic, and i love the pictures of the windows on the snoozy. Even though i mostly want trailer for bed and bathroom and wouldn't stay inside during the day, I don't do well without large windows and an "open" feel.
I've often wondered how difficult it would be to add windows to an older scamp, or would it be structurally unsound? Anyway, the only fiberglass i've been in was a casita that a neighbor owned. I have gotten soooo much great information here from members and their pictures. I've wondered why you don't see much glass in the southeast. Good luck with your search. : )
Old 05-27-2014, 11:17 AM   #22

Name: Paige
Trailer: shopping
Georgia
Ron, can you tell me what the 22gal portable waste tank is? Also, how big is your freshwater tank? Sorry for the questions, but I hadn't considered eggcamper until i saw yours so i don't know much about them. Do you think you could run your fridge off solar if you didn't use much else? I was thinking that the way the shells are placed on the eggcamper, the cutouts for the windows being in the bottom instead of the side, the entire structure might be stronger, and therefore might be a candidate for larger windows. If anyone has any insight on this...please let me know. I really want the quality and security of a fiberglass, but i unfortunately have some claustrophobia issues. It is making my shopping all the more difficult. thanks for your time : )
Old 05-28-2014, 04:14 AM   #23

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
Paige,
The portable waste tank lets me empty the on-board tanks (black/gray) without having to move the trailer to the dump station at a campground. During the winter of 2012/13, we camped for 6 months in Florida, spending two weeks at-a-time at state parks around the state. Doing dishes, etc., the gray tank needs to be emptied more often than two weeks, so it's easier to hook up the portable tank and drag it behind the car to the dump station. The tank capacities for the EggCamper are: Black - 8 gallons, Gray - 14 gallons, and Fresh Water - 8 gallons.

The fridge is very efficient. It draws 2.7 amps when the compressor runs, but it runs less than 50% of the time. With ambient temperatures in the 70's, approximately 25% of the time. Off-grid, the battery provides 150 amp/hours and can be discharged reliably to 50%. So, you have a daily budget of roughly 75 amp/hours. If the fridge ran at 50% usage, that's approximately 32 amp/hours, leaving 43 amp/hours for lighting, tv, water pump, fans, etc.. All of the lighting is by LEDs, which draw approximately 0.1 amp each, and the water pump only runs with the water running. I don't have a figure for the TV, but it's not much. With some conservation, you could probably go for three days in total darkness before discharging the battery below 50%. The 85 watt solar panel operating at 60% efficiency (filtered sun, etc), will restore your daily budget in about 5 hours, even faster in full sun.

I'm not sure I understand the window question. The window cutouts are in the side of the camper. The interior is quite spacious when compared to Scamp or Casita.

Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paige M View Post
Ron, can you tell me what the 22gal portable waste tank is? Also, how big is your freshwater tank? Sorry for the questions, but I hadn't considered eggcamper until i saw yours so i don't know much about them. Do you think you could run your fridge off solar if you didn't use much else? I was thinking that the way the shells are placed on the eggcamper, the cutouts for the windows being in the bottom instead of the side, the entire structure might be stronger, and therefore might be a candidate for larger windows. If anyone has any insight on this...please let me know. I really want the quality and security of a fiberglass, but i unfortunately have some claustrophobia issues. It is making my shopping all the more difficult. thanks for your time : )
Old 05-30-2014, 01:34 AM   #24

Name: Jeff
Trailer: In the market
Colorado
Ron, Have you sold your Egg? I hope not, I'm very much interested in buying it. I would like to speak with you by phone. I can email you my contact Info. Thanks Jeff
Old 06-05-2014, 07:08 PM   #25

Name: John
Trailer: Currently shopping
New York
Ron, Is your Egg camper still available? I live in NY and would visit asap. Thank you, John Ellsworth
Old 06-06-2014, 07:08 PM   #26

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
The EggCamper is sold. Thanks for all the interest.
Ron
Old 06-06-2014, 08:11 PM   #27

Name: John
Trailer: Currently shopping
New York
Congratulations, Ron. Thanks for your responsiveness.
John Ellsworth

Tags
eggcamper, propane, solar