Wedge shaped leveler on trillium or boler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2019, 05:15 PM   #1

Name: Leon
Trailer: 1974 Trillium 1300
Ontario
Wedge shaped leveler on trillium or boler

I have a '74 Trillium 1300. Like the vintage bolers, it has a relatively tight wheel well. I'm considering purchasing a wedge shaped leveler not unlike the Andersen camper leveler (see photos for examples). You're supposed to drive over the wedge and stop when you get to the height required. When leaving you simply continue driving forward and the wedge flips up and off behind the wheel. My concern is whether the wedge could damage the trailer if you drive off too quickly (or be damaged) and if it gets caught in the wheel well. Anyone use this type of leveler with a trillium or boler and have issues?
Thanks

Leon
Attached Thumbnails
wedge leveler.jpg   leveler 2.jpg  

leonachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 05:39 PM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: 1998 Casita 17 SD
Alberta
Registry
not a Trillium but use the anderson one on the Casita 17 and what we do is put it behind the wheel and back up to level, then put the front chock into place. When we leave, put into reverse a bit and remove the front chock and drive forward rather than driving off the big end of the wedge. Works great and we have it down to a science.
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 02:50 PM   #3

Name: Henry
Trailer: BigFoot
Tennessee
We have a Casita and the Andersen (There are other brands of the same device on the Market: The Blalock is aluminum) worked well enough. But we now have a Big Foot Tandem axle, with the tires placed fairly close together. I don't think it will work as a leveler. We will be using wood blocks and Lynx levelers.

The Andersen did not work that well for us in sand of the SW desert region or in mud. It did kick up into the wheel well a couple of times. My Casita has the OEM high rise axle and it was raised an additional 3" higher by Little House Customs, so I have plenty of space in the wheel well. It still had me worried and almost, but not quite, became stuck. Also it slips when wet, both the wheel on the leveler and the leveler on wet grass when pulling up on it. So we carried wood and lynx blocks in addition to the Andersen.

The BAL 28050 Light Trailer Tire Leveler, is very good but a bit heavy and it would be nice to have an electric drill to help out. I used a ratchet which worked well. The Bal is really made for a 14" tire. Mine are 15", so I would drive up on a 1" or 2" block of wood then the Bal would slide under the 15" tire very nicely.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, trillium