Eggcamper Teardropp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2008, 09:59 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet

Hello,
Does anyone have any experience with the Teardropp by Eggcamper? They are selling them now as utilitiy trailers with door and window but no galley. Would that be difficult to install after-the-fact?

Thanks!
--NW Noni
NW Noni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:10 PM   #2

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')

It would depend on how handy you are. If you are a do-it-yourselfer there are lots of possibilities for interior customization. There are also some "field kitchen" stand alone designs available that you could use inside or outside. Just set up a LP quick connects to run the stove.

They had a TearDropp on display with just about everything removable when I picked up my EggCamper. Looked like a good system; just wasn't what I wanted for my camping application.
Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 08:40 PM   #3

Hi Orlen,

I'm not so much able to do it myself, so will need help in that. A teardrop is not my ideal, but I have a 2000 lb limit on my tow vehicle, I'm desperate to have an rv and get out there in something other than a tent, and this is within my budget now (sort of).

I think I'd rather have a new teardrop than something used with unknown problems.

How do you like your EggCamper compared to other brands?

--Noni

Quote:
It would depend on how handy you are. If you are a do-it-yourselfer there are lots of possibilities for interior customization. There are also some "field kitchen" stand alone designs available that you could use inside or outside. Just set up a LP quick connects to run the stove.

They had a TearDropp on display with just about everything removable when I picked up my EggCamper. Looked like a good system; just wasn't what I wanted for my camping application.
NW Noni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:47 PM   #4

Name: Dale
Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
So, does anyone own an EggCamper "Teardropp"? Or ever see one out camping? Any idea how many Jim built/sold? One of the photos on their website shows four of them on a flatbed trailer "headed to the Navy in Louisiana." Just curious....
https://www.eggcamper.com/teardrop.htm
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 07:13 AM   #5

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Don’t know, but very rare I’m sure. Did you try a search? If any Tear Dropp owners have posted, “Site Search/Google” should turn them up.

It’s ten years too late now, but I do hope NW Noni looked carefully at the specs. Weight and tongue weight are higher than a base Scamp 13 and frontal area only a little less. The shape is somewhat more aerodynamic, but comes at a high cost in interior space. It appears to foreshadow some design elements of the Happier Camper HC1: rear hatch open to cabin, modular interior.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 07:36 AM   #6

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper; 2002 Highlander 3.0L; 2017 Escape 21'; 2016 F-150 5.0L Fx4
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon in AZ View Post
... Did you try a search? If any Tear Dropp owners have posted, “Site Search/Google” should turn them up. ....
That's how I came across this 11 year-old thread. I just took a quick look and shout-out, but I'll try to dig further when I have time...
Old 01-15-2019, 08:38 AM   #7

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Noni View Post
Hi Orlen,

I'm not so much able to do it myself, so will need help in that. A teardrop is not my ideal, but I have a 2000 lb limit on my tow vehicle, I'm desperate to have an rv and get out there in something other than a tent, and this is within my budget now (sort of).

I think I'd rather have a new teardrop than something used with unknown problems.

How do you like your EggCamper compared to other brands?

--Noni
I think since you said that, you can't do it yourself and you would need help, the price of help these days usually puts this out of most peoples price range. Purchase what you want up front and in your price range, plus you said that your vehicle is rated at 2000 lbs., you realize that with your trailer loaded and all that you are caring in the tow vehicle. I see every time I go camping someone with a small enclosed utility trailer, they seem to do just fine and everything is setup and taken down when they travel, some say that they even use it for work when not camping.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 09:21 AM   #8

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
I think since you said that, you can't do it yourself and you would need help, the price of help these days usually puts this out of most peoples price range. Purchase what you want up front and in your price range, plus you said that your vehicle is rated at 2000 lbs., you realize that with your trailer loaded and all that you are caring in the tow vehicle. I see every time I go camping someone with a small enclosed utility trailer, they seem to do just fine and everything is setup and taken down when they travel, some say that they even use it for work when not camping. trainman
Just to be clear, the OP's post was from 2008 - 11 years ago. I'm guessing the OP has moved on since then. I only reopened this post to see if anyone out there has ever actually seen an Escape Teardropp. Perhaps I should have simply opened a new thread with that question....
Old 01-15-2019, 09:25 AM   #9

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I saw a few at the factory when we bought our EggCamper. Interesting but not for me. No idea what the price was. Never saw any on the road or in use.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 02:53 PM   #10

Had you came across this thread: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...rop-31070.html

I was intrigued by them years ago, more than a decade ago!

Really weird that the link looks funny once posted yet it looked just as I copied it. Very strange.
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:05 PM   #11

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy P. View Post
Had you came across this thread: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...rop-31070.html

I was intrigued by them years ago, more than a decade ago!

Really weird that the link looks funny once posted yet it looked just as I copied it. Very strange.
I must have looked past it. Thanks for sharing. Time certainly does march on...
Old 10-26-2021, 09:16 PM   #12

Trailer: Compact Jr
Teardrop by EggCamper.com

I hope these images upload though not certain if correct area is chosen. I live in MN and purchased this a few months ago. Looking for other owners, hard to believe it is one of a kind?
Attached Thumbnails
C08E1BEB-D8C9-4B7A-88CC-FC59D6290E25.jpeg   B5D54806-5517-40AF-8128-106C9B1B037A.jpeg  

B313232E-E982-4100-8A29-A164A4D260BE.jpeg   5A2027C3-F032-4474-B345-F513AAA8D837.jpeg  

Tami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 11:24 PM   #13

Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tami View Post
I hope these images upload though not certain if correct area is chosen. I live in MN and purchased this a few months ago. Looking for other owners, hard to believe it is one of a kind?
We lived in Alabama for 30 years during which time we frequented the Gulf Coast from Florida to Louisiana. I kept an eye out for one, but to my dismay, never saw one - not in an RV park, not on the road, not even on blocks in someone's back yard. Now living in Colorado, I think my chances of coming across one are even less - although we see some pretty crazy home-made camping rigs out here, especially in the Fall during hunting season!

Tags
eggcamper