Recent Updates for the EggCamper - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-23-2012, 05:22 AM   #21

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
Jill,
Here's a sketch with details for the bed board.
Ron
Attached Thumbnails
Bed_Board_Detail.jpg  
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:53 AM   #22

Name: Jill
Trailer: Eggcamper
Minnesota AND Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron F
Jill,
I used the same plastic track at the top and the bottom. So, the curtains are attached both top and bottom. The part that attaches to the cloth of the curtain is a soft plastic strip with glides attached with rivets at ~6 inch intervals. The plastic strip is sewn to the top and bottom of the curtain. The glides are captured on the track and there's a plastic stop at each end to keep them from slipping off the end.

Here's a better photo of the track and glide tape detail. What's really nice is how they stay very close to the window. We lean against the curtain at the head of the bed without worrying about damage.

Ron
Ron, I couldn't find the track at the CW website, only the glide tape. I did see a "kit" though that includes the track, but only 43" of track and 72" of glide tape. Shouldn't there be the same amount of track as tape? Jill
MinnesotaJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #23

Minnesota AND Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaJill

Ron, I couldn't find the track at the CW website, only the glide tape. I did see a "kit" though that includes the track, but only 43" of track and 72" of glide tape. Shouldn't there be the same amount of track as tape? Jill
UPDATE: I ordered the tracks and tapes from Camping World. Spendy little things. Tops and bottoms for 3 windows and the door ran about $80. Now I have to buy material and make the curtains. Still.... Cheaper than having them made and installed by someone else! Thanks Ron!!
Old 07-24-2012, 05:02 AM   #24

Registry
Jill,
Most things at CW are spendy, but since I'm a member of their exclusive club (and otherwise not affiliated w/CW), I think mine probably cost $79. :-)
Old 07-26-2012, 02:18 PM   #25

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaJill

UPDATE: I ordered the tracks and tapes from Camping World. Spendy little things. Tops and bottoms for 3 windows and the door ran about $80. Now I have to buy material and make the curtains. Still.... Cheaper than having them made and installed by someone else! Thanks Ron!!
Jill did you get your curtains made? Did you use the glide tape and did it work??
Jane SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:37 PM   #26

Minnesota AND Florida
Registry
I bought the fabric and black-out lining .... and the window hardware and tape is coming by fed-ex tomorrow. I had to order it online because it wasn't in stock at Camping World. Once I get this all done, I plan to post pictures.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #27

Name: john
Trailer: scamp 13
Michigan
nice stuff. clearly your enjoying your egg, i looked those over and they are real nice units. camp the heck out of it and have a great time.
john warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #28

Name: Lisa
Trailer: Boler Deluxe
Michigan
I didn't realize that the Egg Camper was made in Michigan! We are in the market for a small FBRV, and like the idea of getting one built here in our home state! Will poke around to see what's available. Sounds like there are some very satisfied "eggers" out there!
lisapappas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 09:37 AM   #29

Name: Bill
Trailer: Egg Camper
Bolingbrook
Your mods look great! What kind of mattress did you put on top of your permanent wood base?
Bill-June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 01:04 PM   #30

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-June View Post
Your mods look great! What kind of mattress did you put on top of your permanent wood base?

Hi Bill - June,
It's been a few years since we've owned the EggCamper. I miss it a lot. The nice thing about the Egg was that the bed was long and wide enough to fit a "standard home" full-size mattress. If memory serves me, we probably bought the least expensive one that we could find a regular mattress store.

Jane and I have been full-time campers for about six years now and slid down the slippery slope to a class A motorhome. Whenever we stopped for gas or lunch when we had the Egg, people would always ask questions. That doesn't happen any more. It was a great conversation starter and a way to meet great people.

Enjoy,
Ron

Tags
eggcamper