Odd original Surfside layout - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2020, 10:01 PM   #1

Name: Al
Trailer: Surfside
British Columbia
Odd original Surfside layout

Hi everyone.

I just bought a 1975 Surfside Triple E to fix up. The floor plan is different from any other ones I've seen. Instead of bunks at the front there is a kitchen. Also, the rear dining/bed area has a wide "bulkhead" along the entire length of the back as well as the sides. The side seating comes right to the door. The guy I bought it from said it was designed to fit a bigger bed. Any thoughts on how the back end was used? It's much too wide for a bench. I'll try and post some photos.

Also, thoughts on ripping out the kitchen in the front in terms of structural support? Would taking it out affect the trailers support?

Thanks for your help!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2943.jpg   IMG_2944.jpg  

alezaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 05:46 PM   #2

Name: Amber
Trailer: 1975 Boler 1300 & 1976 SurfSide TM-14
British Columbia
Registry
I recently purchased a 1976 Surfside and so have been doing some research into them. I also have a Boler but knew nothing about the Surfside. They were offered in two configurations; the one that you have and then the one that I have, which has a two-sided dinette at the back that converts to a bed, the side kitchen, and the gaucho bunk at the front. For your layout, the benches at the back are for a three-sided dinette that then would also make down into a bed. As far as moving the kitchen, I would just be sure you still maintain the floor-to-ceiling structural supports in some way.
Blue Bertha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
surfside