Love My Casita Brand Mattresses - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2022, 11:12 PM   #1

Name: Max
Trailer: Casita
Kansas
Love My Casita Brand Mattresses

I'm considering getting a new mattress for my 17' Spirit Deluxe. Does anyone have any experience with "Love My Casita" brand mattresses?

Casita Travel Trailers Custom Mattresses

I've looked into the Southern Comfort ones. They look nice but expensive. Please let me know if you've had one and what you thought about it.

Thanks,
Max
maxmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 08:21 AM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: In the Market
Alaska
Waste of money
RollinMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 09:08 AM   #3

Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinMike View Post
Waste of money
Could you elaborate?
Old 06-13-2022, 05:15 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft 1982
Mattress upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmil View Post
I'm considering getting a new mattress for my 17' Spirit Deluxe. Does anyone have any experience with "Love My Casita" brand mattresses?

Casita Travel Trailers Custom Mattresses

I've looked into the Southern Comfort ones. They look nice but expensive. Please let me know if you've had one and what you thought about it.

Thanks,
Max
We purchased our 2 years ago, and love it. We will buy the home version when we upgrade this year.
Thomas A Cronquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 06:07 PM   #5

Kansas
Thanks Thomas!
Old 06-13-2022, 06:31 PM   #6

Name: Jonathan
Trailer: ex-Casita, now Alto R series
Massachusetts
We received a Southern Mattress as part of our purchase of our one-prior-owner 17 SD. Once we (I) got fed up with the twice daily table to bed to table conversion, and came to terms with using the side table and benches the Southern went it replacing the Casita bench padding. The SM is much more comfortable for sleeping and the side table is more than enough for the two of us.
The SM isn't perfect, and I'll point out what I feel are deficiencies so that you can use that insight to evaluate other mattresses you might be considering.

The SM has curved corners that match the Casita's corner, BUT!.... the Casita is still curved under the rear window, the SM is not. That leaves a few inches of gap directly under the window. Since I sleep against that wall I too often find myself waking because my hand has dropped in the gap and gotten wedged enough that I can't turn while still asleep.

I think the SM is too thick. A thinner mattress, maybe 2/3 or even 1/2 as thick, will be enough to be superior to the Casita seat cushions / bed padding. The mattress would be lighter, easier to bring into and out of the trailer on each end of off-season storage, and would save some rear weight bias when traveling, and would be easier to climb up into and down from.
Old 06-14-2022, 05:30 AM   #7

Name: Shelby
Trailer: Casita SD
Tennessee
It may not be fancy but our memory foam mattress from Walmart has been very satisfactory. It's comfortable, light weight and you can cut to fit with an electric knife.
ShelbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 10:21 AM   #8

Name: Sgmhgg
Texas
We bought ours right after the Pineknot Rally last fall. It's a very nice firm mattress that fits very well in our Casita 17 SD. Once you unpack it you will have to leave the bed in the down position. No regrets about the purchase, it's a much needed upgrade.
Sgmhgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 02:57 PM   #9

Trailer: 2007 Casita 17 ft Freedom Deluxe
We have been quite happy with our Love My Casita Mattress. It was money well spent.
Paul & Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 04:21 PM   #10

Name: RamblinRick
Kansas
The mattresses that came with our Casita were super stiff and more for show.

We went to a local mattress guy who built us a mattress that had a soft 1 inch memory foam placed over the softer core mattress we selected.

It was still to stiff so he softened it up a bit more and is working well for me.

Still too stiff for my wife so we added more cushions over her mattress.

Now after trial and error we both sleep well.
richardabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 08:16 PM   #11

Name: Ed
Trailer: Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Washington
Have you considered going to a foam shop and ordering a full sized piece of high quality foam that is the firmness or softness you find comfortable. You can trim the corners facing the back and side walls to shape with an electric knife.

We abandoned company made mattresses long ago at home and when we started RV'ing, we began using the same mattress setup in our RV's. It is so nice to have the same bed no matter where you are. The combination we prefer is a 5 inch thick medium firm layer on the bottom and a 3.5 inch soft convoluted foam on top. We do not like memory foam because we end up sleeping in a valley that is hard to roll out of in the morning and it sleeps hot, but that is a personal preference. You might like memory foam, so you should incorporate it into your setup.

This two part setup is much easier to handle when you need to remove your bed in the tight confines of the Casita, so do not glue the layers together.

I don't know if this is a cheaper method, but it is much better and longer lasting than most commercial mattresses because of the high quality of the foam.

This is just a suggestion based on what works for us. YRMV.
Casita Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 08:18 PM   #12

Name: Natalie
Trailer: Casita - Spirit Deluxe
Colorado
I love my mattress

I purchased a mattress from Love My Casita and cannot say enough positive about it. I sleep better in my Casita than on my bed at home. They even helped me install it in my new Casita.

Wonderful purchase.
Nbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 06:43 AM   #13

Name: Conrad
Trailer: currently shopping
Atlantic Beach
We use a 4” foam double mattress from ikea over the 4” seating pads. It works great. I just tuck the corners in the back under (where the casita round corners are) and use a fitted sheet. Very comfortable. We’ve been traveling with it that way for as long as 2 months at a time. The mattress was not expensive from ikea and it’s very comfortable. Couldn’t be more pleased. I think it cost about $100. It was the perfect solution for us.
Pattyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2022, 10:38 AM   #14

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
Several years ago....we went to IKEA....tested several mattresses and bought one for our Casita......it doesn;t have rounded corners but we just tuck the corners down.....it fits perfectly. We leave the mattress down all the time....I believe it is 4 1/2 inches thick.....memory foam. We paid about $200 for it.....we have slept like babies for years....very conforatbale....even the dog loves it. Good luck.
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 02:01 AM   #15

Name: ArizonaEileen
AZ
Love My Casita Mattress Reviews

To answer the question you asked...

My Love My Casita mattresses get rave reviews (with the exception of "Mike" above, who I cite on my review page as the only negative review I've received to date).

Here's a link to the reviews I've gotten to date:
Casita Travel Trailers Custom Mattress Reviews

Eileen
ArizonaEileen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita