2013 Parkliner bottom door seal - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2020, 06:37 PM   #1

Name: Harry
Trailer: Parkliner
Virginia
2013 Parkliner bottom door seal

Hi All,
Just back from a great camping vacation in New Hampshire to attend our granddaughter's wedding in the White Mountains. We stayed at two campgrounds that were great. The trip was greatly degraded by the rough condition of many of the northern highways (not NH or VT), for which some states have the nerve to charge a toll. Just read that some northern states divert up to a third of their fuel taxes to other things than highway upkeep. The roads were bad enough to loosen my 2" ball's nut! Yes, I caught this before it became a major problem. Never had this issue before while towing. Sad! Sad!

Back to the subject, the bottom door seal on my 2013 Parkliner has deteriorated due to weather and age. It is in bad shape. I have tried the self adhesive seals which do not hold up. Does anyone have a source for an OEM seal replacement ?
hp in va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 04:23 AM   #2
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Come back in the winter and we'll be happy to share our road salt with you too.

As to your door, I'm not familiar with Parkliner doors but there are a number of people on ebay that sell bulb seal. You might find something that will work there. Also, I've found contact cement ($5 for a small bottle at Walmart) works well on gelcoat.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 10:03 AM   #3

Name: Tom
North Carolina
Buy a tube of OSI at Lowe’s and use It to attach any good quality Weatherstripping.
Thomasl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 10:20 AM   #4

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Parkliner bottom door seal

On our 2016 PL, the bottom door seal looks like a piece of weather seal like you might have on your overhead garage door. A wide flap.
Look for storm door sweeps at your local hardware store.
Mine is attached with pop rivets to the bottom edge of the door.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:18 AM   #5

Name: Allyson
Florida
Hello there,

I have a 2012 Parkliner and we had the same problem. Someone on the forum recommended the website https://www.steelerubber.com/ and I found a strip that works perfectly for under the door. The product number is 70-0019-52 and I ordered 3 feet. To install I lined up the metal retainer bar with the strip and punched holes in the strip where screws needed to go through. I installed the strip before cutting it so I could cut it with as little gap as possible between the strip ends and the camper frame. Best of luck!

Allyson
Seregwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 03:30 PM   #6

Name: star
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seregwen View Post
The product number is 70-0019-52 Allyson

I can't find that part number on the site.
starsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 10:02 AM   #7

Virginia
I just ordered 3 foot from the site. I added /rv on the end of the .com, then pasted Allyson's part number in that window's search block, and the item came up.

Thanks Allyson!
Old 03-08-2021, 02:15 PM   #8

Name: star
South Carolina
Thanks I found it. Any ideal what the side of the door takes?
starsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 03:25 PM   #9

Virginia
The sides and top are still needing seals replaced. I will work on that when I take the door off to replace the bottom seal. Project waiting for warm weather.
Old 03-16-2021, 09:19 AM   #10

Name: Allyson
Florida
Glad that worked! I'm not sure what the sides/ top take for a seal. So far mine's still holding up.
Seregwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 06:37 PM   #11

Name: George
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner
North Carolina
I just replaced my door bottom seal on my 2014 Parkliner, which has been x country 3X/ ~ 50-60K miles. My door bottom seal was in poor shape. I used a “garage door seal” from Lowes. It looks exactly like what Chandler used during production. Unfortunately I had to purchase a pack of 30’, enough for 12 campers ($20) but its done. I supplemented the bottom edge of the seal with Stick on rubber weather seal, also from Lowes or HD. For added sealing, on the vertical facing edge of camper threshold, dark metal, where the door meets the body, I added a strip of 1 1/4” rubber foam weather seal. When the door is closed, the seal is really tight.
An inexpensive replacement for an important seal (45 minutes).
GeorgeH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner